Kitless Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

So this is my first kitless click. The blank is a freebie yippee!! from Exotics. A Tangerine Lucite if I remember correctly. The bubbles you see on the nose end of the pen are on the inside from drilling :frown: I did my best to get rid of them, but it is my fault. Anyhow, I am please with the over all shape and style of the pen. Your comments welcome. Thanks to TOM D for helping me take a better picture of it! Thanks Jonathon for turning me on to this mech!

Attachments

• kitlessclick1-1.jpg
    kitlessclick1-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Very cool! I got to see this one in person earlier today and it is sweet! The pic came out great. Tom did a great job showing us some nice camera techniques.

jasontg99

Hans,

I love the look of it. Just went to Richard's website (assuming that is where you bought the pieces). Not sure of the pieces needed to make this work. I hope you do the tutorial on this one! Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Brooks803

It's not very difficult Jason. Besides the click mech you'll need a 7x.75mm tap to install it. Then a spring to go on the nib end of whatever refill you decide to use (Parkers work great but it's open to whatever). The trickiest part is in the drilling depths for the refill to allow the mech to engage and retract.

jasontg99

It's not very difficult Jason. Besides the click mech you'll need a 7x.75mm tap to install it. Then a spring to go on the nib end of whatever refill you decide to use (Parkers work great but it's open to whatever). The trickiest part is in the drilling depths for the refill to allow the mech to engage and retract.

Thanks Jonathon. :highfive:

wizard

Hans, I love it! Neat idea. That material is beautiful...but does seem to be unforgiving. Are the bubbles due to tooling marks or heat? Shame not to be able to use that material because it's so vibrant and colorful. Doc

hewunch

Hans, I love it! Neat idea. That material is beautiful...but does seem to be unforgiving. Are the bubbles due to tooling marks or heat? Shame not to be able to use that material because it's so vibrant and colorful. Doc

Yep, Doc. That is heat buildup. I tried sanding them out, but it didn't take all of them. I know how to lessen this, but I was learning new drill sizes for the taps. Next one will be better.

Top Bottom