Kitless Celluloid Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from luke39uk

luke39uk

Hello all,

I've been a member of the IAP for a few years and visit the forums most days to keep up to date, and to gain inspiration from the very talented people who post on this forum.

I haven't posted any pictures of my pens for some time, so I thought I'd better remedy the situation.

The pens are my own design and are made from vintage Celluloid, with Ebonite nib sections. I make the cap bands from brass tube and have them plated along with the roller clips and the cap top logo.

The nib is a good quality steel nib made by Jowo-Berliner from Germany and the pen uses a cartridge convertor ink filling system.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Attachments

• Regal II pair large 850 pixels.jpg soft edge.jpg
    Regal II pair large 850 pixels.jpg soft edge.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 504
  • Copper and Black fleck Regal II capless.jpg
    Copper and Black fleck Regal II capless.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Green square Regal II reclining.jpg
    Green square Regal II reclining.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Silver fleck Reagal II LE Cell capless.jpg
    Silver fleck Reagal II LE Cell capless.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 409
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Wow! These are all excellent and a great inspiration to aspiring kitless penmakers.

Love the vintage material, your custom metalwork, and the ebonite sections.

Thanks for sharing! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

- Joe

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Bryan, long time no hear!!
Have you stopped using your logo'd clips? Looks like you have replaced them with the custom end cap? Great as usual!!:wink:

PenMan1

Simply Marvelous, Bryan! I'm glad to know that your keyboard still works! I look forward to many more stunning pens to come!

ToddMR

I think the gray and black one is my favorite. Good quality work. I can't even imagine being able to do something like that anytime soon.

luke39uk

Hi Skippy good to hear from you, keep coming up with those great ideas. I'm still using the logo clips on my larger Sentinel style fountain pens.I came across the roller clips and thought they would look better with the Celluloid material.

Mark and Lou great to hear from both of you.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments with regard to my pens, I'll try and post some more pens when I get a little time away from my studio/workshop.
Bryan

Parson

I travel to the UK every two or three years. If I can make my way to Worcester, would you show me how you make your pens? That's impressive!

Last edited:

luke39uk

Doug the multi-start threads for the cap and barrel are threaded on my Myford metal lathe.

Randall if you are near Worcester in the UK anytime you are welcome to call in and see how the pens are made.

Bryan

Top Bottom