Kitless Black and Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

Here's one of my new kitless pens done in a vintage French blue chip Cellulose Acetate. The cap is done in black resin and the section is satin finished Ebonite. There are sterling silver rings on the end of the body and at the section as well as a broad band on the cap. The clip is Platinum.

I made the body of the pen a little longer than normal since the cap doesn't post. The overall dimensions are 164mm capped. The body is 148mm long and the cap is 70mm. The cap measures 15.9mm at it's widest point while the body is 13.8mm wide. The entire pen weighs in at 29g (about 1 oz).

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• DSC01663.jpg
    DSC01663.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC01668.jpg
    DSC01668.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01671.jpg
    DSC01671.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

haskoson

Nice one!
I just love this vintage cellulose acetate stuff. No other material has a depth like that.
The pen is a real beauty!
May i ask, where you buy your clips?

greetings

Gerrit

Sandsini

That clip came off of an Atrax kit, I believe. It was banging around in my parts bin. I think Exotic, and perhaps other vendors, carry them separately, although I've only seen them offer the chrome or TI versions.

SteveG

I find the nice, clean lines of your design refreshing. Although I seldom find the combining of two different materials for cap and barrel to be appealing, it works very well with this pen. The accent of the sterling bands contributes to the overall appeal. I appreciate your high standard of workmanship. Finally, your choice of that beautiful cellulose acetate knocks it out of the park. Very nice work!

Sandsini

Thanks Steve,
The Cellulose Acetate wasn't super big in diameter and since I prefer larger pens I decided to make the cap out of a complementing material that would allow me to make the cap slightly larger to give me the overall feel that I like best.

I do a number of pens in vintage materials and find that I use this technique on most of them. It's difficult to find large diameter vintage stock.

Eric

OZturner

Another Glorious Pen Eric,
Fantastic, Choice of Materials,
Superb Proportions and Profile,
Magnificent Fit and Finish,
Outstanding Workmanship.
Congratulations,
Brian.

javier75

That´s a very beautiful work, and the Cellulose Acetate makes it look impressive. Congratulations on your fine workmanship

Top Bottom