Kitless Art Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

So my youngest daughter has been seeing the latest batch of pens come out and decides to go out to my shop and grabs a blank and a section I had. Finds me and tells me I must make a pen for her with what she's holding. I point out she's holding a fountain section and she pops a hand on her hip and says "Duuh dad I know, upcoming pen and ink projects, hello...." So here is what came from it

According to her the reason she picked the green section instead of a matching section will be for the "jewels of work that come from the pen" I think she just really likes green and couldn't find the rest of those blanks :p
Oh she loves it and did ask for it nicer than I let on. We call it Super Torpedoe in Hippy

Attachments

• hippytorp1.jpg
    hippytorp1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 232
  • hippytorp2.jpg
    hippytorp2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 193
  • hippytorp3.jpg
    hippytorp3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Yes, she is an Honors art student and has several pen and ink and mixed medium projects like below coming up and the teacher reccommended a fountain or dip pen for. Thus her request for the pen. The drawings below are mine that I grabbed for explaination. If any are interested I'll post her's as she completes any :)

Attachments

• koi.jpg
    koi.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 113
  • bee.jpg
    bee.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 108
  • koi1.jpg
    koi1.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 113

bitshird

Bill, I think the blank is wild, I have 1 question is the front section cast PR or is it Alumalite? if it was PR how difficult was it to thread?

ragz

Ken,

Both the blank and section are acrylics from a local shop here. Neither were difficult to thread just make sure to lubricate.
I believe the green is called Crushed Jade and the blank is Hippy Rainbow. Both are more than likely available at PSI or woodturningz

btw Ken stayed tuned for the next pen :)

Top Bottom