Kitless anodized titanium pens... on Kickstarter!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yaroslaw

yaroslaw

Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I've shown here my works... It's time now!
I always wanted to go from "penturner" to small pencompany, and nowadays Kickstarter gives that oportunity.
So, based on my early kitless design, here it is: PENTITAN
attachment.php

Prototypes machined and anodized by me. It was the longest and hardest of my projects, few month long, to get it all right. Production run would be CNC, to allow for quantity and a reasonable price.

attachment.php

It is a convertible pen - user can choose what pen he is about to write today - and change it if he wants to. It uses standart international ink cartridges - both for rollerball and fountain modes, thanks to Schmidt system:)

attachment.php

In closed position it is one of the smallest fountain pens in the world.

attachment.php

And of cause, crazy anodizing colours. I might add few additional color options, if there would be a demand.

attachment.php

It was a hard work to put this all together - not only mine, but also my friends that help me with Kickstarter things.

I would really appreciate any of your support - sharing with friends, on a facebook or even backing a project on a Kickstarter!
Here is a link: Pentitan on Kickstarter

It could be a great "IAP success story" - I started here, everything I've learned about penturning (and machining!!!) was written here by great and open-hearted people.

Comments and questions are welcome, as well!:)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pentitan.png
    Pentitan.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 4,826
  • 2_original.png
    2_original.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 4,640
  • small.JPG
    small.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 267
  • 3_original.png
    3_original.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 4,090
  • 4_original.png
    4_original.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 2,403
  • 5_original.png
    5_original.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,966
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
WELCOME BACK!!!

Glad to hear that you are safe and have not been boring and lazy :wink:!

Very cool project and yes, crazy colors - very nice.

SteveG

Wow Yaroslaw, what a great direction to take your skills and passion! I wish you great success. I have enjoyed seeing your posts along the way, and the pens you produced. It looks to me like something that can be a great success, if you are able to go forward with the right marketing. Please keep us posted. Success is sometimes elusive, but nearly always sweet. :) :highfive:

jondavidj

NO.......Yaroslaw....Why oh Why??? I just got out of trouble with my wife for kickstarter and massdrop and now I have to go in and buy something else!! LOLOL..

Great Job!!!!!!

conandy

These are just too dang slick to pass up. Hard to spend $50 on a pen when I make them myself, but I love the titanium and the design.

Just wish they had pocket clips. Am I the only one who has his stuff keep falling out of his pockets every time I bend over?

This seems like a fresh new take on what Karas Kustoms has been doing in copper, aluminum, and brass. For the record, I don't have one of their's yet. :)

I backed you. Hope you make your goal. Will love one of those Iris ones.

Last edited:

yaroslaw

These are just too dang slick to pass up. Hard to spend $50 on a pen when I make them myself, but I love the titanium and the design.

Just wish they had pocket clips. Am I the only one who has his stuff keep falling out of his pockets every time I bend over?

This seems like a fresh new take on what Karas Kustoms has been doing in copper, aluminum, and brass. For the record, I don't have one of their's yet. :)

Thanks!

As I've said I messed with this desighn a while... you can find my threads here started with "kitless" :) One of early handmade "prototypes" (that time it was not a prototype, hehe) was aluminium. And it was absolutely sick in appearence with mirror-finish... until I've added a bent-wire clip. It serves purpose, but destroys a look. It looks good, but not great. And it's pain in the... to produce:) And making any other type of clip would compromise size and weight. So, for now, clipless.

Next design with bigger pen I have is with a clip, but main question is how to produce clip in not-very-big quantities.

More4dan

Titanium clip options

Thanks!

As I've said I messed with this desighn a while... you can find my threads here started with "kitless" :) One of early handmade "prototypes" (that time it was not a prototype, hehe) was aluminium. And it was absolutely sick in appearence with mirror-finish... until I've added a bent-wire clip. It serves purpose, but destroys a look. It looks good, but not great. And it's pain in the... to produce:) And making any other type of clip would compromise size and weight. So, for now, clipless.

Next design with bigger pen I have is with a clip, but main question is how to produce clip in not-very-big quantities.

I've been playing with some simple clips that might work. Titanium sheet .032" thick. The cap adds about 1/4" to the length. Another option would be attached to the cap with 2 small screws like a pocket knife clip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 130

yaroslaw

Yoo-hoo! The project is successfully funded!

Also we've added polished titanium "color".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another view. And you could anodize to match the pen.

Thanks! That's one of the ideas I have myself. I also made few clips from titanium from a thicker sheet and profiled them a little. But it makes manufacturing more complicated (5 parts instead of 3, also +milling work) and considerably raises the price. And we've decided to make this pen as affordable as possible, just to make it happen first!:)
Next project would be clipped, I think:)

Attachments

• DSC_2441.jpg
    DSC_2441.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_2445.jpg
    DSC_2445.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_2447.jpg
    DSC_2447.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 279

yaroslaw

When can I choose my color???? :)

Thanks for supporting project!
You can choose your color after project would finish at Kickstarter, and probably I will add few more color options as well before it happens:)
We will notify everyone who pledged!

Thanks again!

yaroslaw

10 days left!

And new (and last one) color - dark bronze!
The color looks gorgeous. Personally, I would have a hard time to choose one color if I should. As with all titanium colors it changes drastically under different light conditions (and different angle of view) - from very dark, almost chocolate brown to bronze-gold. Pictures have just a hint of that change.

Attachments

• DSC_2654.jpg
    DSC_2654.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC_2655.jpg
    DSC_2655.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 640
  • DSC_2664.jpg
    DSC_2664.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 634
Top Bottom