Kitless Aluminum Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

This has been on my list of things to do for a while and Mal's recent thread (What would you like to see in a Kitless "slimline" - International Association of Penturners) prompted me to get to it. Aluminum drilled tapped and turned on a wood lathe. Used the Parker mechanical pencil mechanism from Bear Tooth Woods. The slimline clip is slightly smaller than the push mechanism so there is a recess at the clip. Other clips are too large for this slim profile. Hopefully, the recess does not detract from the pencil too much.

B4375D3B-0F71-4EB3-B7D9-6DC62F36EED6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice, Cody !! . Thanks for posting.

Which of the Greenwald click mechanisms did you use please ... smaller diameter one ?

What is the diam of the pencil ... close to 0.33" ?

Cwalker935

Very nice, Cody !! . Thanks for posting.

Which of the Greenwald click mechanisms did you use please ... smaller diameter one ?

What is the diam of the pencil ... close to 0.33" ?

It's around .37". These seem a little larger than the 7.25 mm that is shown on the website. The threaded section may be 7.25 mm perhaps that is what is referenced on the website.

magpens

I got an engineering drawing from Milan. It shows a max diam on the top, slightly sloped portion, which is 8.8 mm = 0.346".

Interesting to hear that what you got from Richard is a bit bigger than what you were expecting.

I have a question sent to Richard about sizes but he hasn't answered yet.

Top Bottom