Kitless Aluminum FP/RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Stevej72

I've been wanting to do this project for a long time and finally got it finished. I made a fountain pen section and a roller ball nose cone for the same body. There is no clip on it yet, I plan to get some stainless steel welding rod (or whatever it is called) to add later. Sanded it down to 1500 mm for the brushed aluminum look. I think I want to take it out to the garage and powder coat it, but wanted pictures in case it does not turn out.

Attachments

• Aluminum FP RB_0001_edited-1.jpg
    Aluminum FP RB_0001_edited-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Aluminum FP RB_0008_edited-1.jpg
    Aluminum FP RB_0008_edited-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Aluminum FP RB_0012_edited-1.jpg
    Aluminum FP RB_0012_edited-1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Aluminum FP RB_0010_edited-1.jpg
    Aluminum FP RB_0010_edited-1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Thanks everyone! I did read the tutorial on anodizing, but don't have everything I would need so that is going to wait for another time. I decided to try powder coating my past RP pen and see how it looks before I do this one. Just took it out of the oven and waiting for it to cool a little.

johncrane

Great looking pens Steve! l like your style and shape on both pens, i have made a few aluminum pens and i like the feel of aluminum and the light weight, i also have not tried powder coating or anodizing, i would be interested in your feedback.

Stevej72

Thanks again, everyone! One thing I do need to work on is the nose cone. The refill that I used for measurements when I built it works fine, but other refills go too far in. I really like the way the RB feels in my hand, sometimes it seems like the other pens are too small for my big hand.

Top Bottom