Kitless #3 - Cigar with Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

This is my favorite resin, although I'm not sure what it is. It was sold by PSI some years ago and I got a few rods in several colors. It was the first resin I ever turned. Haven't used the stuff in a couple years.

The challenge with this pen was getting the surfaces of the two halves flush so that the joint is as inconspicuous as possible. Also, the diameter of the ring on the clip was a little larger than I would have liked because the taper gets the cap diameter down very close to the ring's diameter.

Still working with #5 Schmidt feed and sizing the section for 9 X .75 threading into the barrel. Then the barrel threads into the cap with 12 x 1.5 threads (not triple start--wanted to get the joint flush, which might not happen on all three starting points).

Anyway, thanks for looking and reading. Comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 011.jpg
    Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 011.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 009.jpg
    Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 009.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 001.jpg
    Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 001.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 162
  • Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 006.jpg
    Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Eurorod 006.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Components 002.jpg
    Kitless #3 Cigar with Clip Components 002.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

That looks like it has some amazing depth, especially the blue.

Yes, the blue is very striking. Looks a little like a cebloplast, but I think it's acrylic. Doesn't smell like ceblo.

Wow. That stuff shines up really nice. Might be one of the best finishes I've seen on a kitless.

Thanks, Jorge.

Really nice work, and a really good job on the cap/barrel join. Fantastic blank and superb finish on it.

John, thank you. That's much appreciated.

Top Bottom