Kitless #2 and #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 18111

Here are the #2 and #3. As expected, alumilite is easy to turn but it is soft so you can destroy the threads easily if you are not careful, specially nib housing threads. I did that few times. Another leaning, never detach a blank from collet chuck until you finish all drilling and shavings. It is very difficult to run true again if you detach and reattach again specially long parts. I did that too, and result was crooked and miss aligned threads. Seemed endless leaning but 2nd and 3rd attempt are alway better result than the previous. I have not figured out how to put clip yet therefore clip less this time. Thank you for looking and as always c&c welcome. Yoshi

Attachments

• ba1 closed.jpg
    ba1 closed.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 173
  • ba1 open.jpg
    ba1 open.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 153
  • ba1 posted.jpg
    ba1 posted.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 123
  • ba2 closed.jpg
    ba2 closed.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 112
  • ba2 open.jpg
    ba2 open.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 124
  • ba2 parts.jpg
    ba2 parts.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 155
  • ba1 parts.jpg
    ba1 parts.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 114
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Pretty rough learning curve, but you still seem to be making some pretty awesome pens! I'll have to file that 'tip' into the bin with the others about removing this before their time!

Scott (nicely done) B

KDM

That's a spectacular piece of work. I see you're also getting into product placement and corporate branding with Apple? Good move.

alxe24

Congrats on your efforts. Can can certainly understand what you are going through. I'm currently working on my firs kitless and so far I am spending a week here and there.
I made 3 sections, one body section the I have to redo and I hope the cap I can keep.
Again congrats on your work.
Alex

I see you're also getting into product placement and corporate branding with Apple? Good move.

:tongue:This is the nicest surface I can find on my desk. Too many things are scattering. I need to figure out some photo shooting setting. That's gonna be another project.

Top Bottom