Kirinite Gt Knurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
It's way to cold to turn today, but I needed to get this one done. It's Kirinite from Exotic Blanks. It takes a long time to turn as you can barely take any material off while turning.

Now to warm up and watch some college football!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 339
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

I've worked with Kirinite several times mostly for knife grips. It polished nicely while retaining a good grip, original designed for gun grips. You MUST keep it cool and it can be grabby to turn, hence shallow cuts. You did an amazing job turning and finishing. Did you back paint the hole, what color if you did?

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've worked with Kirinite several times mostly for knife grips. It polished nicely while retaining a good grip, original designed for gun grips. You MUST keep it cool and it can be grabby to turn, hence shallow cuts. You did an amazing job turning and finishing. Did you back paint the hole, what color if you did?

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
I used cheap black acrylic from hobby lobby. Just painted inside of blank, left tube unpainted

Bikerdad

Beautiful blank there turned and finished wonderfully, inspires me to maybe add a Kirinite or two to my next order from EB.

Top Bottom