Kinda reminds me of a lot of stuff from the 80's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

376051_263447097048696_100001502242963_711958_1834987326_n.jpg

Turned this one off a blank that was about 1/8 inch too short for a full Slim. I managed to just barely squeak it out and had to remove some tube from the top barrel. The resin reminds me of a lot of the plastics in toys from the 80's, I'm gonna send it off as a Christmas present.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Dude, you can remember the 80's....FAR OUT!(I can't remember much from back then)

Like the design of these(no centerband) to give the pen 'cleaner lines'!

Scott (roll what?) B

ToddMR

Nicely done. I like that blank too. I think it all looks good. Not using the center band worked out well and makes a nice transition from the cap to tip.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I can't either

Dude, you can remember the 80's....FAR OUT!(I can't remember much from back then)

Like the design of these(no centerband) to give the pen 'cleaner lines'!

Scott (roll what?) B
I have less problems with memories of the 90,s, 80's, 70's, 60's, 50's and 40's then I have with last week. I don't remember much from the 30's though.

Bobalu

It screams "My Little Pony"! I think you have hit on a new series there. You could call it the Retro 80's Series. Very nice looking pen Allan.

Drstrangefart

It screams "My Little Pony"! I think you have hit on a new series there. You could call it the Retro 80's Series. Very nice looking pen Allan.

I was thinking more Hot Wheels car paintjob, but I'm not the only opinion out there. That was the only blank like that in the box. Might have been one you graced me with.....

Bobalu

I was thinking more Hot Wheels car paintjob, but I'm not the only opinion out there. That was the only blank like that in the box. Might have been one you graced me with.....

It does look a lot like a razor handle I made with some of my early one color - no swirl castings, so it could be one I gave you. Casting PR certainly hasn't been my forte, but every now and then I get one that I'm pleased with. Based on the number of usable blanks I get from a gallon of Silmar 41 now, my cost per plank is down to about $25.00. But I will endeavor to persevere. :biggrin:

Drstrangefart

It does look a lot like a razor handle I made with some of my early one color - no swirl castings, so it could be one I gave you. Casting PR certainly hasn't been my forte, but every now and then I get one that I'm pleased with. Based on the number of usable blanks I get from a gallon of Silmar 41 now, my cost per plank is down to about $25.00. But I will endeavor to persevere. :biggrin:

Well, it was a damn good blank. The finished result was great!

Top Bottom