Kid Gloat: A Czardine Euro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Czarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czarcastic

Czardine #1 - Joshua, age 15, was looking over my shoulder while reading the board last night, got the turining bug, and decided to try his hand at a Euro Kit. Up until now he's only turned slimlines.
This is ColorPly. Woodcraft gold Euro Kit. Hut Crystal Coat finish
2005626163323_josh_EURO3.jpg

2005626163343_josh_EURO2.jpg

2005626163355_josh_EURO1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Joshua, Very good job on the pen!!! Keep up the good work!! Now ask dad for some Barron and Statesman kits!

Great looking pen and your son is a handsome young man. The time you spend with him now will be returned to you many times over.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Hey Josh!
You didn't tell me last week you were a pen turner too, or did you?Who is better at finishing, you or Rachel?
I can see you two doing a "production line" and spitting those beauties out one after another.
You could draaw straws for who has to do the sanding!
NIce job!

Czarcastic

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Hey Josh!
Who is better at finishing, you or Rachel?

Eagle:
Actually, Rachel is a better turner. She has more patience and artisitic expression. With just a little experience, she would probably be a better turner than I am (not like that's saying very much [;)] ). Joshua has excellent "fundamentals," in that his technique and form are superb, but like me, he lacks some of the "artistic" side that make good turners great.

I just love the fact that both my kids like to spend time with me out in the shop. I wouldn't trade that for anything!

-Czarcastic

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Hey Josh!
Who is better at finishing, you or Rachel?

Eagle:

&lt;I just love the fact that both my kids like to spend time with me out in the shop. I wouldn't trade that for anything!&gt;

-Czarcastic

You're lucky all I get is the neighbors ankle biting dogs,once they get their treats they leave.

jckossoy

With all these kids making such nice pens, either we're doing too good of a job teaching them, or we better pick up our skills some[;)].

Kol Tov,

jckossoy

I'm for that. In fact, for the next 4 Fridays, I'll be teaching woodturning to my shuls camp. About 10 kids over 8 yo. They'll be making a pen and a pencil, and if time permits, I'll have to think of something else for them to make.

Check out the pens that two of my older students did at:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7445

Kol Tov,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom