Katrina Auction: Box Elder Burl / Gentlemens Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The pure beauty of box elder burl in it's natural state is one not to be over looked. This one came out a winner for me today!

I have put this pen up for auction tonight over at Wood Central on the Benefits Auction page. If you go over there you will see a large amount of items up for auction. The donations are being sent to support the victims of the Katrina Hurricane.

20059611621_IMG_3214.jpg

20059611644_IMG_3215.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

atvrules1

Nice job Jim, fit looks to be right on, shape is very pleasing and that wood can't be improved on. I usually prefer the shiny finish, and that is the only thing I don't like on this pen, but if you were trying for the satin finish you hit it perfect. Overall.....absolutely beautiful pen.

Dario

Jim,

You've posted a lot of wonderful looking pens recently and have to agree that this probably is the best. Great looking wood, good choice of kit and wonderful craftsmanship tied everything well.

Thank you for your generocity too!!! [:)]

leehljp

Member Liaison
I wish I knew how people find where the beauty of the wood is! I can take a nice looking piece before it is turned and it seems to loose its character and figuring when I turn it. BEAUTIFUL pen!

Dario

Hank,

That is part of the mystery [:)]....and I love it.

To some extent, I can almost see the finished pen from some wood. Figured wood are almost impossible but with birdseye burl, you can almost always tell. I play with my milling sometimes and try to create a fan effect by doing bias cut and not x-cut like this pen (in reference to the rays). I'll try to post a pen to show what I mean.

An Update, the auction closed on this pen this evening. This pen was won with the kind donation of $225.00

Auctions are on going, please go to Wood Central and take a look, I think It's closing in on $10,000 bid.

I would like to thank you all for your kind and gracious comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom