Kathy`s polymer Aero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is the first Aero clicker I have done and it is a really nice pen. The clicker is similar to the long click in looks only. The click is short and positive when depressed.The guts are still plastic though. The body is my wife`s purple and yellow flowers polymer clay with around 7 coats CA. Sanded through the micro mesh pads and polished with Novus.
Thanks for looking, comments welcome.
Brian Kort
KnB Pen Blanks

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Brian, the blank, finished pen and photo look as stunning as usual. You both do fantastic stuff. :good::good::good: Great teamwork !!:biggrin:

But I gotta ask...In all the pics the refill tip is out, but in the first pic the clicker button is 'in'. Is the mech sticking or something?:confused:

Brian, the blank, finished pen and photo look as stunning as usual. You both do fantastic stuff. :good::good::good: Great teamwork !!:biggrin:

But I gotta ask...In all the pics the refill tip is out, but in the first pic the clicker button is 'in'. Is the mech sticking or something?:confused:
Thanks for the great comments. When the tip is out, the clicker or thumb piece can move up and down freely. You can just pull the button up and down with no resistance. It is not broke, I guess that is just the way it is supposed to be.

The blank and photos are awesome. The cap looks a little out of proportion. How do you like it? Is the click mechanism smooth?

Jason
The cap is a little to tall but it looks good in person. The clicker has a positive click like the long clicker pen but the press does not seem to be as far. I have not uses it but it feels good maybe slippery if you have sweaty fingers.

longbeard

ooohhhhhh's and aaaahhhhhhh's Brian
You both done a great job as always, looks great.
I've been wondering about those pens also, How it feels, the click mechanism, i too think it looks alittle tall on the click end of it.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
When the tip is out, the clicker or thumb piece can move up and down freely. You can just pull the button up and down with no resistance. It is not broke, I guess that is just the way it is supposed to be.

That would explain it.!!! :) I just checked every click pen in the house and of course several do the same. Now I'm gonna have to strip a couple down to see how the mechs differ.:rolleyes:
LOL, I should have known that you didn't mess it up. !!:biggrin:

A10GAC

Do the polymer clay blanks require a finish or can they just be polished like a plastic? I don't have any experience with the clay and was wondering how hard it is when cured.

Wonderful pen, Ruby (Brian). I'm really liking the marriage of the blank and the pen. They look as if they were made for each other!

I got one Aero click a short while back - to check it out. I ordered 10 more before I even made the first one. Have had nothing but positives so far. I was looking for an "upscale" addition to the PSI Gatsby click - this is it.

Top Bottom