Kathy`s green rose and Hibiscus.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is another tube my wife made for me to put on a long click. It has green roses four leaf clovers and hibiscus flowers. The pen is a Rhodium long click from LauLau and has around 10 layers CA sanded through 9 colored pads and polished with Novus.
Thanks for looking comments welcome.
Sorry about the pink tint, I do not know why it happened. I tried everything to get rid of it.
Brian Kort
KnB Pen Blanks

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Kathy`s green rose and Hibiscus

Hey, I like it. I just saw it. She did a beautiful job on the blank and the pen is nice.

Ray

killer-beez

Beautiful Pen!!!

What a great looking pen!!! I just sold 2 pens like that this weekend. Your pen is beautiful but how did you photograph it? Can you give us your secrete? Spectacular job on both pen and picture.

What a great looking pen!!! I just sold 2 pens like that this weekend. Your pen is beautiful but how did you photograph it? Can you give us your secrete? Spectacular job on both pen and picture.
As you can see in the picture there is a lot of pink hue that I could not get rid of but the pen is just photographed in a homemade light box with a shop light with 60W bulbs on each side of the front of the box. The camera is on a tripod set on custom and macro and the pen is on a 1ft square mirror from Hobby Lobby. Any adjustments in the picture are done with Picasa.

cnirenberg

Thats a great looking pen. I like the hue to the photos, of course I am listening to a bit of Pink Floyd right now so that may be the reason......

edstreet

The red tint is most likely color balance off due to light temperature or it's some layer mask in post processing, perhaps a warm filter of some sorts.

The red tint is most likely color balance off due to light temperature or it's some layer mask in post processing, perhaps a warm filter of some sorts.
I just happened to look over at one of the bulbs for lighting last night and there is a pink color to it which leads me to believe it is from the bulbs I am using.

KnB Polymers

I love this pen, I was wondering, how is like to turn polymer clay, is it like acrylic?

You don't actually "turn" it ... before it's baked, it's rolled to approx bushing size. When you get one, most of the time all you really have to do is sand the ends to make sure they sit flush with your kit and apply ca.

Gary Beasley

Probably the pink hue is from the auto color balance trying to get rid of the green in the roses.
I played with it a bit in Photoshop, does this look closer to what you were going for?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 94

Gary Beasley

YAH! the pink is gone! I sure wish I could do that with picasa. Is it simple to do in photo shop? and how much does this program cost for the poor man?

Oh, Photoshop is not cheap! Maybe you can find an older version you can buy from an individual, but I don't know if Adobe would activate it.
First I used the highlight/shadow correction and brought the highlight tones down a bit, because the color correction lightens the details too much when taking the pink out. Then I used the color correction control, which has separate corrections for highlights, midtones and shadows. I didn't mess with the shadows any. Hope this helps some.

dbarrash

Beautiful Pen, as always...........

Why 10 coats of CA and then sand away 9? Why not 4 and sand away 3?
Not being funny, just don't understand the process of 10 just to take most of it away. Thanks Dave

First of all, it does not matter how many coats or how thick the CA is. The purpose is to not sand back through to the material you have covered with CA.
I did not take 9 layers off, I used the 9 micro mesh pads that get finer and finer to polish the CA.

Top Bottom