Kaspar, slight correction!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In relating our discussion yesterday to Dawn on the way home, she pointed out that I HAVE had difficulty with ONE skin.. I, of course, pointed out it was NOT a snake-it was a toad (but, that I had honestly forgotten it-that happens a lot on short-term memory).

200684181352_toaddetailnet.jpg

I hope this pic is decent enough that you can see the "FIX".
I was turning too many pens one night and this one Dawn really wanted to see, so my skew actually flipped and took the end right down to the skin. So, I got out the parting tool and parted off ALL the ends, then found some brown PR she had cast eons ago and started drilling, gluing, etc.

It is now one of the better pens, available for sale. BUT, TO BE HONEST, I DID SCREW UP THIS BLANK. However, if we count these, my total count is raised to dozenSSSS, not just a dozen. (Dawn reads the site, so I need to make a point!!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

Very cool! One problem I'm having with Arizona Sil snake blanks is that there are places at the seam where the skin is higher / thicker than it looks when you just take a peak at either end. You have to watch closely for those or you'll expose them. I still think the quality of the skin in those blanks is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom