Karl's blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Reb

Reb

2008617132417_kpenblank.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Randy, what color did you use to paint the tube? I've not turned many of those with the clear resin, so I'm a little clueless. It almost looks like silver? Or is it white hiding under the pearly sparkly stuff? I'm thinking of turning a couple of those blanks tonight, so I'm gonna experiment a little with some ideas I've had. I really like the swirly patterns in those blanks, I think I've only seen Joe's (igran7) May BotM blank so far, and he used white paint and it turned out really well. Yours turned out great, too, I like the contrast with the gold/ti hardware a lot.

Also, what's that background cloth you used for the pic? It looks iridescent. How'd the blank turn? You run into any little air bubbles or anything? I'm curious on that type of blank because there's a bunch of weird steps to get that look, and I haven't heard much feedback from the club. I think everyone's in 'hoard' mode, and nobody's turning for the summer...heh. I turned my first pen last night in a month, and immediately gave it away before taking a picture. [:0]

Reb

Karl I use that bass stuff that turn bass black. ( I messed up the white blank forgot to paint the tube) Blank turn great no troble at all-no air bubbles, finished up fast. On the pic I have a tent from walmart blue and brown cloth. Thanks for a great blank
Randy

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, so it sounds like there's no color there at all except for the brass black and the CA? I might could cut down on the pearl sparklies, then. Looks like it's morphing the color into silver almost. I'ma have to play with some blanks I think. Nice to know you didn't run into any bubbles, though. That means I can probably run the pots at something more like what they say to run them at instead of maximum almost-blowing-my-face-off poundage then. heh :)

Top Bottom