Karl strikes again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spitfire

spitfire

Here are a few more pens made from blanks I got from karl. This was the first Jr Gent II (or any pen with a cap)that I made and it is from one of Karl's blanks. I really like this kit and plan to make many more.
karljrstat.jpg

karljrstat1.jpg

This one is a Sierra that also has a blank on it from Karl. It was hard to get a good pic of this one and the picture does not do it justice. It reminds me of an old marble.
sierrakarl.jpg

Sierra with Cocobolo heart/sap wood, I like the contrast.
cocobolo.jpg

Last one is also a Sierra with a blank from one of the grop buys here.
sierrablackacrylic.jpg

I have also determined that I like taking pictures out side and using natural light much beter than a light tent. think I am going to take own my light tent and go natural from here on out.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

That is definitely a rhodium jr gent as opposed to a statesman. Nice pen and great match of kit and blank. If you want to really take it to the next level, you can take a little of the leftover blank and make a finial to replace the gold disk in the cap. It's easy to replace even after the pen is finished and assembled. There is a good tutorial on the homepage, or you're welcome to drop me a line if you would like.

James

Ligget

Very nice, however, I do not like the fat shape of the Sierras (personal taste only).

The Jr Gent is beautiful though, excellent blank too!

spitfire

Thanks for the comments.
I am going to check out about the finial and post back if it works out. I think up next for me is going to be closed end Jr Gent's
As far as the shapes of the Sierra's. I usually doing b2b with those but felt lik doing something a little diferent, not sure if I am liking it yet or not.

Skye

Well, if you're used to doing B2B, then just back off the body a little. You'd be surprised how little curve it takes to show up well. I think you're on the right track, it's just too aggressive of a shape.

As far as the pics, I don't know man. I don't think there's enough light. The first pen looks like it's got no finish at all. I can agree with a more natural light, but I still don't think you've got enough of it to do justice to the pens.

spitfire

Skye,
I did a dull finish on the Jr Gent, that might part of the reason. I am still new to taking pics so I am still learning. Usually I use photoshop to doctor things up and add some lighting but didn't with these pictures.
Thanks again for the comments

Top Bottom