Karate Bolt Action Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

When my grandkids were 4 and 5, I enrolled them in karate classes. It was great to see them rise to the challenge and the progress they made. My granddaughter (4 year old) got her yellow belt, with about 6 of the ribbons on it and my grandson (5 year old) got his orange belt with 7 of the ribbons.

I saved the boards that they broke and finally came up with a way for them to remember their achievement. I made them both bolt action pens (their favorite style) by gluing up the remnants of the boards they broke on their final test, and pairing them with a yellow striped acrylic for my granddaughter and an orange striped acrylic for my grandson. Not the best color combos, but a nice remembrance. I'll be giving them to my grandkids today.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Karate Bolt Actions.jpg
    Karate Bolt Actions.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 322
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lady_Acoma

That is a really amazing idea. I can imagine the pride they will feel years down the road looking back on these special memories with the pens you gave them.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nicely done & a great way to commemorate their a complishments.
They will surely treasure these pens.
Nothing better than making something special for our grandkids. :)

magier412

That is a great idea. What a nice way to commemorate their achievement and give them a solid reminder of a job well done! Love it!

That is a great idea John, I am sure that they well love them. And congrates to your grandkids I have been through that only in Taekwondo and it takes a lot today get the that level.

You better start thinking about what you are going to do for black belt, maybe ebonite?

Mike

elkhorn

Thanks, everyone! They are awesome grandkids (I'm sure every grandparent says that:)) and if you can't tell, yes, I'm very proud of them.

We went to see the grandson play soccer today and gave them the pens after the game. The smile on their faces and the look in their eyes make it all worth it. They couldn't believe I had saved the planks.

Have a great weekend everyone!

elkhorn

Mark and Matt: thank you both! I'm the lucky one to have such awesome grandkids!

Top Bottom