Kalishnapen? AK-forty sevpen? Part два (dva) II Cigar Edition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Florida Marine

So this is my first cigar pen, and at the suggestion of another member, AK-47 stock.

I goofed up the bushings and had to re turn the barrel and make a new top...reading the instructions for the pen should be done BEFORE you hit the lathe.

I really like this one.

Sean

006.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

There are instructions???:confused:

I've ruined a few of the cigar blanks. But I've kept the barrels in the hopes that I can find something to do with them. Now I triple check the bushings before turning.

Nice idea for using the wood. I like the pens that use wood that has special meaning.

Last edited:

I've ruined a few of the cigar blanks. But I've kept the barrels in the hopes that I can find something to do with them. Now I triple check the bushings before turning.

Nice idea for using the wood. I like the pens that use wood that has special meaning.

I actually turned off the wood back to the tube and re used the tube.

Its a Lee Valley kit also... Has some serious heft.

BSea

I actually turned off the wood back to the tube and re used the tube.

Its a Lee Valley kit also... Has some serious heft.
Tubes are pretty cheap. Desert Ironwood burl isn't. I've found a keychain kit that uses 10mm tubes. I think I'll order some when I do my next order & see if I can salvage at least 1 tube.

Nice to turn wood with a history. Good job aligning the grain. Manly pen.

Thanks, its funny... Since I had already turned one out of the AK stock, when I walked up stairs from the shop last night I had the quote from Crocodile Dundee in my head...

"That ain't a pen, THIS is a pen..."

Its a beast, took it around and showed it off. Folks love the AK wood.

Thanks!

Sean

Drstrangefart

Nice to turn wood with a history. Good job aligning the grain. Manly pen.

Thanks, its funny... Since I had already turned one out of the AK stock, when I walked up stairs from the shop last night I had the quote from Crocodile Dundee in my head...

"That ain't a pen, THIS is a pen..."

Its a beast, took it around and showed it off. Folks love the AK wood.

Thanks!

Sean

I love the AK wood. You really nailed it!

Top Bottom