Kalishnapen? AK-forty 4sevpen? and one other

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Florida Marine

I realized that I had made a bunch of pens for other folks, but not one for me.

I made this from a PSI Slim Line kit, the wood is from a Romanian AK-47 stock (I build AR's and AK's).

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

This is a pen I made for our scout leader, thanking her for the end of the year. Blank is from Woodcraft, its call...wait for it... Scout.

DSC00440.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Really like the wood on that first one. Do you know what kind it is? I mean it's not from an AK-47 tree!:biggrin: Nice work on both pens.

seamus7227

Not to be rude, but are you saying you have a female (Boy)Scout leader? Or even Cub scout for that matter, why is it that women want to be leaders in a group that is intended for boys with male leadership? Isn't that what girlscouts is for? Nice pens by the way

Really like the wood on that first one. Do you know what kind it is? I mean it's not from an AK-47 tree!:biggrin: Nice work on both pens.

Its a ply wood like Spectra...

Works like a dream. I can get about three pens out of a stock. These were Romanian stocks, kinda neat there were battlefield pick ups and had carvings and such on them.

Thanks!

Sean

Not to be rude, but are you saying you have a female (Boy)Scout leader? Or even Cub scout for that matter, why is it that women want to be leaders in a group that is intended for boys with male leadership? Isn't that what girlscouts is for? Nice pens by the way

Pack leader is a gent, den leader is a female. There are a few. In a military area, the fathers (myself included) often have pretty hectic schedules and can't commit to it. Our assist pack leader is one of my Captains...not sure how he manages.

Heck when I was a kid 30 plus ago (I am 43) I had a female for a den leader, so I guess its not that odd?

We all throw in when needed, a few of the dads go when we can. I step in when she is over her head and teach things like knife sharpening etc. We have a hard time getting anyone to volunteer, so she is a God send to be doing it. Her son is in the den with my boy.

I am glad to have her.

Sean

I like them, but the KalashniSlim is definitely my vote. Way to achieve smoothness!!

I sanded to 600 then used CA and wet sanded to 12000... Then used plastic polish over that, came out really nice.

There is great grain. This is the 2nd one I have turned, gave away one to a gent I traded for an AK-47 riveting jig. I finished his with Tru Oil, but I like how this one came out better.

Thanks!

Sean

Drstrangefart

Pack leader is a gent, den leader is a female. There are a few. In a military area, the fathers (myself included) often have pretty hectic schedules and can't commit to it. Our assist pack leader is one of my Captains...not sure how he manages.

Heck when I was a kid 30 plus ago (I am 43) I had a female for a den leader, so I guess its not that odd?

We all throw in when needed, a few of the dads go when we can. I step in when she is over her head and teach things like knife sharpening etc. We have a hard time getting anyone to volunteer, so she is a God send to be doing it. Her son is in the den with my boy.

I am glad to have her.

Sean

My mom (feel free to question how fortunate we were) was a den leader when I was a kid. We could not escape her. It happens.

Drstrangefart

I like them, but the KalashniSlim is definitely my vote. Way to achieve smoothness!!

I sanded to 600 then used CA and wet sanded to 12000... Then used plastic polish over that, came out really nice.

There is great grain. This is the 2nd one I have turned, gave away one to a gent I traded for an AK-47 riveting jig. I finished his with Tru Oil, but I like how this one came out better.

Thanks!

Sean

My gut tells me a 24kt Gold Cigar pen would look stunning with the grain of the AK-47 stock. Just make sure it's all lined up like it is on the bottom half of the slim. Just tossing that out there.

Thanks!

Sean

My gut tells me a 24kt Gold Cigar pen would look stunning with the grain of the AK-47 stock. Just make sure it's all lined up like it is on the bottom half of the slim. Just tossing that out there.

I have a cigar kit...and I just cut up (and ruined my 5/8 band saw blade hitting the steel rivets in the stock) my last stock.

Will give it a whirl!

Top Bottom