Just in time for the 4th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

And I don't mind if it stays on my desk for the next couple months! This was my 1st full size Gent and I really like it. It was a bit tricky turning the body bc I don't have the correct bushings (only majestics) and I had to over turn one end to get the correct fit. The blank is one of my creations. Each year for the 4th of July I make a flag themed blank and I love how this one came out. The finish is my usual, MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. I had alot of fun with this one and I hope yall enjoy it too. Thanks for looking and as always any comments/critiques are appreciated!

102_2629537x700.jpg
102_2639592x700.jpg
102_2650525x700.jpg
102_2659590x700.jpg

Can't forget a closeup! (kicking myself for not cleaning the pen well enough!)

102_2633689x700.jpg

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
So niiice! Beautiful blank as usual and your photography is outstanding. Just turned the "free" blank you sent with my previous order and it turned out nice as well. Best wishes.

Woodlvr

Jonathan you are a showoff :eek: :rolleyes: I really like that blank. Great blank. I would also like to know if you are making more of these???

wiset1

So dynamic! The flow and energy in this blank really POP off the screen and I love how crisp the colors are. Really great looking blank Jonathon!!!

edicehouse

Like everyone else has stated awesome pen. The lines between colors are distinct. The only thing . . . is the gold band on the cap, for me that one thing distracts from the blank. But I know 99.9% will not agree with me on that

omb76

Awesome pen Jonathon! I really like that you kept kit simple on this one as there is a lot going on in the blank... Very, very, nice work!

Bobalu

Wow! Deja vu

That is absolutely beautiful Jonathon. Looks a lot like the blank you gave me last week, but upon closer inspection I can see there is a difference in micas used. Here's how mine turned out. Thought you might want to see.

Attachments

• 2011-06-24 08-15-49.590.jpg
    2011-06-24 08-15-49.590.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 2011-06-24 08-16-23.599.jpg
    2011-06-24 08-16-23.599.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 102

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! I always appreciate the feedback. I'm glad I put this on the Gent as well. A full size statesman would have been awesome too, but I don't have any. All my other large kits were way too ornate for the blank.

Like everyone else has stated awesome pen. The lines between colors are distinct. The only thing . . . is the gold band on the cap, for me that one thing distracts from the blank. But I know 99.9% will not agree with me on that

I thought the same thing at first, but the american flag is outlined in gold so I thought it would be fitting with the gold trim. I don't think there is anything I could have turned that would have been an appropriate replacement.

Nice Jonathon!

Is that the one you poured while I was there? You have to slow down a little so I can catch up!!

yes sir it is! it was one of the 4 blanks I poured in the time you did 2 :eek::wink::tongue::biggrin::cool:

Slow down???? Nah...I gotta keep you on your toes!

I am running out of words to express myself....wow...beautiful...excellent...masterpiece...so suffice it to say that is just gorgeous!!!!! Got any for sale?

arw01

+1 and still need to pick my jaw up off the floor. Absolutely stunning!

When can we expect some more in Dawn's store? I've been checking...

EarlD

Jonathan, that's just stunning!

I bought the red/white/blue blank that came out of the mold about break time at the meeting in Atlanta. Hope it looks like this. :)

Earl

Brooks803

I bought the red/white/blue blank that came out of the mold about break time at the meeting in Atlanta. Hope it looks like this. :)

Earl

Yes Earl, it should be very much like this one. After I turned mine I was trying to remember who it was that got the other. Now I know :wink:. Enjoy it!

seamus7227

You are absolutely insane!!! I picture you when you are making these blanks much like you could imagine Mozart directing an orchestra playing his music. These are sure to sell out in minutes upon being posted for sale!!!

EarlD

Earl

Yes Earl, it should be very much like this one. After I turned mine I was trying to remember who it was that got the other. Now I know :wink:. Enjoy it!

WHOOOO HOOOOO! Gotta step up to a nice kit for this one!
Earl

Top Bottom