Just Starting Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cdwrrtx

cdwrrtx

Just started turning pens in May. Got a good number of blanks and kits from the guy I bought my setup from. Thought I would share a few that I don't mind showing off.

1) Vesper Click Gunmetal w/Stylus - Aquapearl Blue/Green
2) Cabellero Rollerball Black - Red/Yellow Maple(?) Burl
3) Patriot Ballpoint Satin - Bourbon Barrel
4) Artisan Deco Ballpoint Black Ti - Osage Orange
5) Elegant Sierra Ballpoint Satin/Chrome - Bourbon Barrel

Not sure if that burl is Maple or something else. Any ideas?

I have more pics and will post in my Photo Album as I do more.

Attachments

• IMG_0719-s.jpg
    IMG_0719-s.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0726-s.jpg
    IMG_0726-s.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0729-s.jpg
    IMG_0729-s.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0739-s.jpg
    IMG_0739-s.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0745-s.jpg
    IMG_0745-s.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'd say you're off to one heck of a start! Personally, I love that you turned them relatively straight. Often a novice turner hits the bushings on the ends and just leaves the middle way thick. It gets a little scary getting them straight when you're starting out and you're absolutely nailing it. Great work!

cdwrrtx

I'd say you're off to one heck of a start! Personally, I love that you turned them relatively straight. Often a novice turner hits the bushings on the ends and just leaves the middle way thick. It gets a little scary getting them straight when you're starting out and you're absolutely nailing it. Great work!

Thanks!

Oh, there are a few in my quiver that look like they took steroids. :biggrin: Keeping them that way to remind me that I do not like that look. Maybe a subtle swell to enhance the existing line of a kit, but nothing unnatural looking.

More4dan

VERY NICE set of Pens! Your fit and finish are first rate. I too don't care for the "body builder" too fat sections. I usually aim to have the widest section about 0.10" larger than the ends. That adds just enough taper without over doing it IHO. Keep up the great work.

Danny

Woodchipper

Those are outstanding, IMO. If you just started in May, I'm looking forward to seeing your pens next May. Thanks for sharing and those are nice photos.

Top Bottom