Just Starting Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USNGSCS

USNGSCS

Well I'm a new turner. You all know the story, starter kits, trial and error (mostly error), etc.... Anyway, I submit pen number 6 for your inspection. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USNGSCS

Thanks, I am having a lot of fun so far. For the finish I used three coats of CA. I was a little nervous about it because I don't have any accelerator, but I just waited between each coat until I was sure it was dry. Then I used 3 coats of friction wax, then two more coats of CA. The more experienced turners probably think I am nuts, but I like the results. I'll just have to see how long it lasts.

Bobostro61

Nice job! I'm only up to number 25 or so (lost count already) and I'm having a blast. Pens don't take a long time and are good for me for the winter months. Back to pipe making once it warms up in March or April.

USNGSCS

Thanks for all the kind feedback. I'm really having fun with this and am excited to turn some different styles. I just need to finish the 4 slim lines from my starter kit and then figure out where to go from there.

mmayo

Nice wood, nice shape, nicely finished.

Remember that on your first pen you did we'll; imagine that this pen, which is wonderful, will bring pain to look at later as you improve.

Great work!

Top Bottom