Just for starters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Oldredbeard

Oldredbeard

I just started trying to turn pens a couple of weeks ago, when I found a little wood lathe in a local thrift shop. I still have a lot to learn, but this is what I've done so far.

I do have some other stuff ordered, and I'm getting a better feel for the tools. I invite you to let me know what you think I need to improve on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talfalfa33

Your off to a great start, once you get comfortable with the tools and the re sharpening, you'll be wanting to jump into the harder segmenting.

SDB777

Thirty shop......wow! Looks like everything is centered up pretty good by looking at the fit-n-finish. Slimlines are still fun, I know you are ready to go 'BIG', but don't forget them!

Scott (keep them coming) B

Oldredbeard

Thirty shop......wow! Looks like everything is centered up pretty good by looking at the fit-n-finish. Slimlines are still fun, I know you are ready to go 'BIG', but don't forget them!

Scott (keep them coming) B

Scott, you're right. I got a couple of the bigger kits for some Olive wood I have, but threw in 30 more slims as well. I just love how versatile they are.

yort81

Mr Tim Whitley... May I just say "OUTSTANDING" for some old lathe from an antique shop and learning in just a couple of weeks!! From what i can see in your pictures.. the fit between the wood and metal components are fantastic... and the finish on them is stellar.... I think we may be destined to see some extremely nice work from you in the future! :)

DLGunn

Looking great. Nice pens. Like Scott said, the fit and finish look very good. That is great to have figured out as quick as you did. Looking forward to seeing more pens from you.

Oldredbeard

Looks very nice. I do not recognize some of your woods. Can name some of them?

Cody, their all from 2 lots I got off the bay. The darker ones are Purple Heart, and the light Jatoba.

Thank you all for you kind comments. I look forward to getting some other wood to try.

Animyzo

very nice work. Its addicting. I know when i first started, i went through akmost 100 slimline kits making christmas presents and selling some basic pens. Segmenting looks fun, but i am in the process of learning stone inlays.

Cwalker935

Looks very nice. I do not recognize some of your woods. Can name some of them?

Cody, their all from 2 lots I got off the bay. The darker ones are Purple Heart, and the light Jatoba.

Thank you all for you kind comments. I look forward to getting some other wood to try.

I thought that I recognized Purple Heart but I have not seen Jatoba.

Top Bottom