Just some pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

Gee, I feel left out since I can't make pens anymore...

So I get my jollies taking pics for others. Here is just I few I take and have something to post so I don't be forgotten.

Kiddo

2006918183513_DSCN0217.jpg

2006918183537_DSCN0218.jpg

200691818368_DSCN0251.jpg

2006918183629_DSCN0110.jpg

2006918183719_DSCN0129.jpg

2006918183744_DSCN0138.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Considering the outer area is absolute white and the shadows are consistant, I'm guessing it's shot on white, photochopped out, fake drop shadow photoshopped in.

kiddo

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />Nice pics Kiddo...how do you process these photos to make the background invisible?

Well, First take very large picture. I use a Nikon Coolpix set to take 4megapixel shots. Large pictures edit better..

I use white sheet of paper for background and 2 or 3 photoflood (mercury) lamps.

Since white is almost always bad, first adjust color balance so background is white. Use curves adjustment. This makes rest of colors look proper as well.

Then zoom picture very large and use pen tool to draw path around pen. Digitizer helps lots here. I use Cintiq UX21.

Use convert path to selection tool with anti-aliasing on, and feather of 1 pixel.

Use &lt;ctrl&gt;C to copy selection.

Turn off original layer.

Create new layer with transparent background and paste pen onto it.

Create new layer with white background and move below pen on transparent background.

Resize image to 640xConstrain.

Select layer with pen and choose Layer--&gt;Style--&gt;Dropshadow. Adjust to nice unobtrusive shadow.

Select save for web and use JPEG Medium (about 60%) and save.

Save the full size image and layers as PSD file for other fun.

Fire up web browser and post sillyness to pen group.

Kiddo

redfishsc

You PUNK! I got that SAME EXACT CAMERA and my pics don't look near that good! You better watch your back, buddy, you're making me look real bad!

And turnin' aweful green....[^]

Gary Max

And I was just getting ready to spend all that money on that camera and a month figureing it out---heck it's already been done.
Oh well guess I will just go make some pens----[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom