Just some paper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

These wonderfully decorative patterns on paper, known as Chiyogami, are silk screened onto machine made sheets of mixed kozo and sulphite. They are more popularly known as Yuzen in the United States.
Originally, Chiyogami designs were developed in the Edo period as woodblock prints by papermakers during the farming season for use as accessories in the house to enliven the interiors. They were based on the bright kimono textiles which the papermakers from the countryside saw on the fashionable wealthier ladies in the larger cities, especially in Kyoto, where the area known as Yuzen had become famous for its sophisticated techniques for dyeing cloth.
I present to you a Yuzen truly worthy to be called an Emperor. This is one more example of the work done by Marla (Cricket), Marla I thank you for this blank, I've spent most of last night looking for the seam on both barrels and still haven't found them..

IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Roy, for the view and, the education. I was wondering about the seam. That Marla girl is something. Great work by both of you.

IPD_Mr

Roy, you and Marla sure work well together. I just hope Dee doesn't get jealous. :biggrin: The more I see of these blanks the more I like them.

Curly

She is really good at hiding seams. Even plastic surgeons have a hard time finding mine after she gave me my home lobotomy.

I feel much better now. :rolleyes:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
She is really good at hiding seams. Even plastic surgeons have a hard time finding mine after she gave me my home lobotomy.

I feel much better now. :rolleyes:

I see a marketing opportunity here.. Curly's AutoLobotomy kit.
For $74.95 you get a hand held mirror and a Mach3 razor with
your choice of woods for the handle.
I think they'll sell like hotcakes.

Beautiful work.. I love chiyogami

Crickett

OKLAHOMAN said:
These wonderfully decorative patterns on paper, known as Chiyogami, are silk screened onto machine made sheets of mixed kozo and sulphite. They are more popularly known as Yuzen in the United States.
Originally, Chiyogami designs were developed in the Edo period as woodblock prints by papermakers during the farming season for use as accessories in the house to enliven the interiors. They were based on the bright kimono textiles which the papermakers from the countryside saw on the fashionable wealthier ladies in the larger cities, especially in Kyoto, where the area known as Yuzen had become famous for its sophisticated techniques for dyeing cloth.
I present to you a Yuzen truly worthy to be called an Emperor. This is one more example of the work done by Marla (Cricket), Marla I thank you for this blank, I've spent most of last night looking for the seam on both barrels and still haven't found them..

Great explanation of the history of the paper, I didn't know that! I just saw a paper I liked and went with it!

Awesome pen Roy!

Sent from my iPhone.

U-Turn

Man, how impressive. Beautiful pen. Great blanks always make us loook good - thanks to people liek Marla and Brooks!!

Top Bottom