Just some Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

5 Cactus from yesterday. As always all comments and critiques appreciated.

IMG_2149.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

:rotfl: I love how Roy has the headline of "Just some Cactus" like its "just another hamburger from MacDonalds or Burger King" :rotfl: Sorry, I just found that amusing :smile-big: .

Those are absolutely stunning! I hope to be able to order some cactus here in the next we weeks to give it a try.

Chasper

Outstanding as always. What do you think about cactus with colored resin verses back painting? These seem to be back painted.

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks for all comments, Gerry every cactus that I've seen that the resin was colored seemed flat to me, to get the 3D effect and have depth back painting is my prefered method although I'm sure others prefer the colored resin.
Lou, you sure that the tube was black...to my very old eyes it looks silver, but I do like it.

Chasper

Roy, I agree that clear resin with back painting makes a more interesting 3-D effect, colored resin tends to look flat, although not unattractive.
Lou, I had not thought about doing multi-colored painting on cactus, thanks. I like it.

OKLAHOMAN

Curtis, complements on cactus from you is most appreciated and I agree it depends on the look your after. It is just the look "I" like is clear PR with reverse painted blank and using black tubes. One of these days I'll try one of the new CC alumilite blanks. any idears on where I might get one?:rolleyes::wink:

OKLAHOMAN

DCBluesman;.[/quote said:
Yep, it's black. The blank is a realtrompe l'oeil. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's the cactus which is dyed. :cool:[/quote]

Made me look it up, so for you other folks wondering but too ashamed to ask::biggrin::wink:

Trompe-l'œil, which can also be spelled without the hyphen in English as trompe l'oeil,[1] (French for 'deceive the eye', pronounced [tʁɔ̃p lœj]) is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects appear in three dimensionsTrompe-l'œil, which can also be spelled without the hyphen in English as trompe l'oeil,[1] (French for 'deceive the eye', pronounced [tʁɔ̃p lœj]) is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects appear in three dimensions

Top Bottom