Just playing around...part 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Got so many great ideas and feedback from yesterday's EPR flag posting, just had to try out some more stuff.

This EPR Cigar uses an orange paper base with black print wrapped and glued onto the brass tubes, then encapsulated in clear EPR...personalized with "Ed Davidson aka YoYoSpin".
MyResin19b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That is GREAT Ed! Neat idea.

What does the seam side look like?

It's almost a shame the kits fit so tightly. I wonder, if you file down the tubes a bit, if you couldn't you could do a custom outer shell like this and allow people to slide pictures in and out by just pulling out the coupler in the middle of the body (i.e., instead of being press fit by a drill press or other high-stress item, by filing out the tubes a bit, make them hand-insertable and removable). Alternatively, you could do business cards and the like in the inside of a really nifty pen. I wonder whether there's a market for it!

Have you tried making a mold of your outer shell and just casting it, without having to turn it?

rtgleck

Wow... Very cool. That really opens of possibilities for you.. A printer and some Resign and your set. Heck you could put some pics of your YoYo's in there. [:D]

YoYoSpin

That's right Randy...using clear resin, a printer and common art software applications should open up a whole new world of pen making possibilities. I feel a how-to tutorial coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom