Just playing' around again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

and came up with this. I'm definitely not the first to try something like this and this isn't my first denim pen. It is my first using mixed denims. I seem to recall seeing a denim and bandana mixed pen last year (posting by our national bird) and that gave me the idea. So here it is, a black and gold TN Sierra.

20068251164_sierraBTnTN_bluenred_denim.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like the way you pulled it off better than mine Alamo!
Still not crazy about the Sierra kit though.(I'd like to see both bands match)[:(]
The contours you put in the shape allow the contrasts to show off nicely.
I know the Sierra uses a relatively short tube, what is the diameter?
From the appearance it looks like the "finish" is impeccable.(Not that I have ever seen a peccable finish)

alamocdc

Thanks, guys!

Eagle, it takes a 27/64" bit and this pen is almost 5/8" at it's widest turning. The hardware is only 15/32" at its widest.

I like the Sierra too, Cav. Expecially the two new platings. Interestingly enough, there is actually less "play" (read slop) in the threads of the twist mechanism than on the earlier versions I have.

Travis, with blue jeans and a lot of CA. [:p][}:)] Just glue it to the tube and go.

TheHeretic

I do love that pen. I was over and he had talked about it but that is an amazing pen after its done. That turned out better than I thought it would.

Dean
Columbus OH

mick

Beautiful pen Billy!!!
But you know what this means don't you? I'll be up all night and half the morning getting the CA glue off my fingers. Now I hope I can find that pair of red jeans Connie bought at the thrift store [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Thanks, guys!

Eagle, it takes a 27/64" bit and this pen is almost 5/8" at it's widest turning. The hardware is only 15/32" at its widest.

I like the Sierra too, Cav. Expecially the two new platings. Interestingly enough, there is actually less "play" (read slop) in the threads of the twist mechanism than on the earlier versions I have.

Travis, with blue jeans and a lot of CA. [:p][}:)] Just glue it to the tube and go.

I meant what size tube[:eek:)]

angboy

So Billy, are you now running around in your boxers or tighty-whiteys? Do we need to take up a collection for new jeans for you? [}:)][}:)]

BTW, it's a very nice pen- maybe you should see what other pieces of your clothing should be shed and made into pens??? [;)][;)]

jssmith3

I agree with Angboy [}:)][:D]
By the way, the pen is fantastic but Angie and I are waiting for the boxer or tighty-whitey answer.

Janet ;) (Told ya I was back to help cause mayham :)

alamocdc

Thanks again, everyone! Angela and Janet, I'm almost ashamed to say that you caught me. The blue denim was indeed from my own jeans... and they weren't even that old. As to the rest of your question I'll only say that I don't wear tighty whiteys.[;)] Which may well have been the demise of these jeans.[:0] The red was given me by a female acquaintence.[:X]

Fish, you guessed wrong. This is all denim and CA. When I started turning the blank was almost 1" in diameter.

angboy

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Thanks again, everyone! Angela and Janet, I'm almost ashamed to say that you caught me. The blue denim was indeed from my own jeans... and they weren't even that old. As to the rest of your question I'll only say that I don't wear tighty whiteys.[;)] Which may well have been the demise of these jeans.[:0]

Please tell me you're not saying that you go commando? [:0][:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom