Just playing around...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Decided to try something new today, with inspiration coming from these great snake skin castings that Anthony has been posting photos of recently.

This EPR cigar is made from clear Polyester Resin castings over painted brass tubes. The tubes have a base coat of white spray paint followed by a coat of Kelly green crackle paint.

MyResin17a.jpg

Here's a close-up:
MyResin17d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Hell, throw all the dyes you guys bought away! Paint the tubes [:D]
Great technique and pen Ed. Another application that has endless possabilities.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Tres cool idea, Ed...great execution, of course...Imagine what that stuff could do with all of the faux finishing techniques.

elody21

I really like it!!! I have a few ideas along this line I have not tried yet.

JimGo

I cast some 7mm tubes in resin, and used small pieces of 1/4" dowels in the ends. This actually allowed me to fit two tubes in a line across the mold, and friction-fit everything in the mold as well (thus removing the need to weigh everything down). The fit of the dowels in the tubes doesn't have to be perfect, since the resin is actually pretty thick.

wicook

Those little pink wax sheets are available from BB, but they're also available from dental supply houses...or even your dentist (they're dental dam wax...whatever that means). I picked up probably several years supply the last time I visited my dentist in exchange for a slimline made from Honduran mahogany. He works with one of the Drs. Without Borders kind of outfits and travels to Nicaragua to provide free dental care fairly often. I offered him the pen and suggested three or four sheets...but I ended up with a whole stack! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom