Just a Plain Ol' Prox with Turq Inlace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Nothing special...I can turn inlace/Acrylester all day..once the bane of my turning. I even like the way it smells. Gift for a co-worker (when i take off my mask of course :)).

Attachments

• Turq ProX.jpg
    Turq ProX.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 313
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you. For the money, it is not a bad kit. Sometimes, I can get away with using a cut-off.

Very nice Tony, I like that color a lot. Kudos for mastering the toughest blank I've worked with yet. I've blown up a couple IA handle blanks - not a cheap thing to do - and have had my share of trouble with the pen blanks.

TonyL

Thank you folks!

Jay: My "luck" changed when I started using Rick's sanding jig and learning how to use and sharpen HSS gouges and skews. It's been over 3 years since I blew an inlace blank and I am definitely no master. I couldn't achieve the consistency with a carbide barrel trimmer and carbide tools: others can, I could not.

I will also sharpen/hone (CBN 360 and 600 grit stone) my tools 4 or 5 times per barrel, no matter which material I am using.

Now that I think about it, my blowouts were always with carbide tools too. I may have to revisit them since it's gotten too cool to cast my own - I only cast when it's above 70 degrees. I like the Peacock and Ocean Mist blanks a lot. And still have the pieces to prove it.

Top Bottom