Just an old arrow pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stoneman

stoneman

With the fall archery season for whitetail deer just having opened here in Vermont, it seed like a good time to put together another arrow pen in an antler stand. I picked up the antler at a local flea market a couple weeks ago for six bucks. I still have the other half of the rack to use for another project.

Attachments

• AntlerArrow.JPG
    AntlerArrow.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 244
  • AntlerArrow2.JPG
    AntlerArrow2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 136
  • AntlerArrow3.JPG
    AntlerArrow3.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

what size arrow do you use? Does it fit the 7mm tubes well? Or do you "fill" somehow? I've read the tutorial, but don't have easy access to arrows...any size fit perfectly??? Thanks...and I like your pen very much

stoneman

what size arrow do you use? Does it fit the 7mm tubes well? Or do you "fill" somehow? I've read the tutorial, but don't have easy access to arrows...any size fit perfectly??? Thanks...and I like your pen very much

mickr,

I don't know of any single size arrow that fits perfectly as a single piece. I use 1913 aluminum as the sleeve and 2117 size as the outer cover. The 1913 fits over the 7mm tube nicely, but is too small to fit the slimline nib. Adding the 2117 section over the 1913 brings it all to a very good fit with the slimline nib without any additional spacers. If you are anywhere near an archery club, fish & game club or other sportsmans club, you might try there for contacts. Since you only need small sections of arrow, even getting discarded bent shafts will work by cutting out the straight sections. If there are any 3-D archery shoots in your area, that is another place you might pick up shafts or get a line on materials.

mickr

thanks for the info..I'm not aware of any clubs in my area...I have some 2114's and 2119..but neither fit well at all...and the things are very expensive to hack up for a pen! appreciate you taking the time to answer...good luck in your archery deer season..ours started also, but the woods still so thick, a deer could be 10 feet away and never see it!..will wait a bit longer to get out there

Top Bottom