Just having fun (photo added)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Not one of my better glue-ups, but I was just playing with some scraps... I just hate to throw anything away. It started out as three small blank leftovers of California Olive, Lignum Vitae, Coco (mostly sapwood), and I then added some thin scraps of Mesquite and Texas Ebony. All the woods are either very dense, oily, or both so I didn't really put a finish on it. MM'd it all the way out and applied some Mylands Cellulose Sanding Sealer, used the last 3 grades of MM again and applied TSW.

2006512575_sierraSC_segment.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I like it a lot!! [:)][:)] Not sure what it would have looked like before turning- don't suppose you took a picture of the blank before turning? It's a great match with the kit!

alamocdc

Thanks, Rob!

Originally posted by angboy
<br />I like it a lot!! [:)][:)] Not sure what it would have looked like before turning- don't suppose you took a picture of the blank before turning? It's a great match with the kit!

Thank you, Angela. I almost took a photo of the blank before turning, but I changed my mind. It basically looked like this on all four sides.
20065135117_blank.gif
<br />

gerryr

If that's not one of your better glueups, I would really like to see one of your "better" ones. Very nice job, I like it.[:D]

Ron Mc

AHH a "Loose Ends" pen. Looks good. Any chance of a picture taken head on at the clip side?

Ron Mc

Billy,
Thanks for the extra picture! I needed it to answer a question in regards to the blank construction.
Nice.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom