Just a couple of clicks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

The 1st one is a replacement pen for my father. He lost a pen I gave to him, so I made him another. It's spalted stabilized sycamore from Rob at burlsource.com I segmented some ebony on both ends with some aluminum for separation. I really like using ebony as an accent for pens. I think the black really helps set off the other wood. Sorry about the pic being a little fuzzy.

sycamoeNEbonyClick.jpg

And the other is finally a pen just for me. It's a pen to keep in my vehicle. And also inspired by my vehicle. I have a Toyota FJ TRD edition. It's all black, with some red & silver accents. I had Jonathon create some blanks for me to kind of go with it. I finally got one turned even though I've had them for several months. And if you haven't guessed, I like the "Clicker".:)

TRDclick.jpg

And Jonathon, before you ask, Yes, I have a blue one just about ready. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll finish it tonight.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I really like the sycamore. It looks like the grain goes every which way on that. I think you're right on the ebony; it really does set off the sycamore.

Brooks803

Bob, that sycamore is plain sick! The ebony additions are well placed.

I really like how the 2nd one came out. If I remember right I made a couple different variations of that blank. Is this pen made with the blank that had the subtle green/red flake undertones in the black like your actual FJ paintjob? And yes I'm going to ask...so when ya gonna get the blue one done? I'm anxious to see it!

BSea

Bob, that sycamore is plain sick! The ebony additions are well placed.

I really like how the 2nd one came out. If I remember right I made a couple different variations of that blank. Is this pen made with the blank that had the subtle green/red flake undertones in the black like your actual FJ paintjob? And yes I'm going to ask...so when ya gonna get the blue one done? I'm anxious to see it!
Yes, this pen has the green & red flake undertones. I can't wait to show that to another FJ onwer that has a black one. Maybe I'll try & take a closeup to show the red & green. You made me another blank the same style as the one above, and one without any pearl. Stay tuned for the blue pen.

Top Bottom