Just Casting around.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I can see allot more slim lines in my future as test pens for my resin formulas. Things are not always as they appear. The green pen was a mixure of white pearl powder & Aztec Gold liquid dye. I am still trying to find the gold in this pen. :D

Personally, I think is was the Green RT curse he placed on ME [}:)]

200511716637_DSC01209.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Efletche

Either way, the materials look great. Are they opaque enough that you cannot see the brass tubing inside?

WoodChucker

Anthony, if I put a curse on ya, you would be down on your hands and knees barking like a dog.[:D]

I like those pens, I think they look good. Nice work!

R.T.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Anthony--without the costs of entry (tubes and such) what are you finding the cost of the resin and color/texture is running per blank?
I'm finding the cost structure to be a bit like Microsoft's...the first cast costs a bunch, but each succeeding cast is less than a buck.

Gary Max

One thing about it---ain't no one else got one just like it.
You will have to set up a special place to display them.
Really cool looking pens Anthony

PenWorks

That's probabally right. I have invested about $500.00, so I could have bought 150 to 200 blanks.

If you look at just the resin cost, You can get about 40-55 blanks per gallon depending on the size. A gallon costs with sipping about 40.00 so you have .80 in just resin cost plus your dyes. So over the long haul a dollar to a dollar fifty would be about right. That Purple luster powder was pricey $20.00 for just the dye.

The biggest addvantage is that, nobody has what I am selling and adds to the selling feature when I tell them I cast my own resins.

Anthony

Tom McMillan

Wow, Anthony---very nice---looks like you've got the resin formulas down pretty good---and I think what you called a curse---may be a "blessing"!! The green one's very nice---maybe if you try the green dye it'll turn "Gold"----watch out for the California Goldrush though!!!

Efletche

Anthony, ever plan to do a 'How To' paper on your procedure? It sounds like it would be interesting to do (or atleast try)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom