Just another watch pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Turned it early this A.M. Blanks made by Gary (CaptG) who is a few steps above a wizard in my opinion! :wink:
Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Rolex Emperor Blue.jpg
    Rolex Emperor Blue.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 664
  • Rolex Emperor Blue_1.jpg
    Rolex Emperor Blue_1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Rolex Emperor Blue_2.jpg
    Rolex Emperor Blue_2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 590
  • Rolex Emperor Blue_3.jpg
    Rolex Emperor Blue_3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 800
  • Rolex Emperor Blue_4.jpg
    Rolex Emperor Blue_4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 687
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Is the tube painted with a carbon fiber look to it, or is that a carbon fiber backing with the pen parts on it?

Either way, my eyeballs are pleased!!!!

Scott (awesome turnings from ya) B

OKLAHOMAN

What happens when two Wizards combine their efforts,........time stands still,........ no time marches on,......... no it's all about time...... I think they made beautiful time together.

seamus7227

Is the tube painted with a carbon fiber look to it, or is that a carbon fiber backing with the pen parts on it?

Scott, if i may, CaptG applies the carbon fiber to the tube and then the watch parts and casts them in resin. A spectacular effort i might add! If you haven't tried his CF blanks, i highly encourage you too, they make any pen scream "RICH"!!!

Nice job Doc and Gary

wiset1

Always great to see these and the cobalt blue face really makes the pen pop. I've got to wonder though with Rolex parts being so expensive are these taken from the knock off watches...? I would hate to think that a real Rolex was fixed...well, you know.

CaptG

Good looking pen Doc. You do these blanks justice.

Always great to see these and the cobalt blue face really makes the pen pop. I've got to wonder though with Rolex parts being so expensive are these taken from the knock off watches...? I would hate to think that a real Rolex was fixed...well, you know.

Tim, I use known Rolex dealers and buy authentic dials that have have been replaced for any number of reasons. The better condition of the dial reflects with the cost of the blank. The dials are real Rolex, but as Roy stated, they are the only Rolex part in the blank.

Rounder

Very nice pen Doc. I have a Betty Boop blank from CaptG I am working up the courage to turn. Looks scarey to put a tool to these beautiful blanks. Hope mine turns out as well as yours did.

wiset1

Good looking pen Doc. You do these blanks justice.

Tim, I use known Rolex dealers and buy authentic dials that have have been replaced for any number of reasons. The better condition of the dial reflects with the cost of the blank. The dials are real Rolex, but as Roy stated, they are the only Rolex part in the blank.

Pretty Cool Gary! Knowing that this is the real deal adds true value to the blank. I know that a replaced face or dial on a rolex can bring the value of an original rolex down for those who like vintage so that's why I was asking. I love the blanks and think it's beyond cool...don't know I would ever be able to sell one if I owned one...:biggrin:

Top Bottom