Just another Washington Horse Chestnut Pen ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

I still think that looks are the most important aspect of the pen, and then the added stuff, like Historical Significance, becomes the icing on the cake. I think the recipient will like it on both counts.

Of the blank choices that were left when I heard of this, I think I got the piece with the most quilting. In the sun, it has very good chatoyancy.

I'll try to post a photo of the box that should be here today, and although it doesn't come even close to this (how did you do that?), hopefully it will make an excellent presentation to the person of note who will be getting it.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

The pen came out GREAT!
The box you wondered about was actually from a photo I found and sent to Constant as I was considering that option for my George Washington Historical pen that I gave to David McCullough. I'm sure if you were interested Constant could still do it. The price was quite reasonable too!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW!!!

How did it get so dark?? It's REALLY nice, Eric. And your box is brilliant as well---To both you and Lenny---we would like to put some pics of these pens on Exotics. So, if you would like to have it displayed there, we would be happy to do so.

Just an EXCELLENT job----!!!

Kaspar

Yes, I know. It's there for a reason.

WOW!!!

How did it get so dark??

I did have the blank stabilized, but I didn't do a very good job on that picture. It's not that dark. I always have trouble getting things with any green tint in them right. I'll post another picture of it closed, soon. I think I've got it adjusted a little better.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On my monitor, they don't look a lot different. I sure was NOT trying to say you "doctored" a photo--OR the pen--sorry if it came off that way.

Kaspar

Not at all, Ed. I have one overriding goal when it comes to taking a pen's picture: make it as accurate to how the pen actually looks as possible. I really messed that first piccie up. There's way too much color and it's too dark.

Lenny

WOW!!!

How did it get so dark?? It's REALLY nice, Eric. And your box is brilliant as well---To both you and Lenny---we would like to put some pics of these pens on Exotics. So, if you would like to have it displayed there, we would be happy to do so.

Just an EXCELLENT job----!!!

I was never able to get what I would consider a "good" photo of my pen. I have plenty of mediocre ones though, that you are welcome to use! :biggrin:

Kaspar

:wink:

I'm much happier with the pictures in TOP. More accurate. It's a very washed out gray but with excellent chatoyancy, especially in the sun.

Horse-chestnut is of a species of Buckeye, from what I've been able to find. Certainly looks like it.

Kaspar

For those doing the Washington pen stuff -

This is the graphic I'm putting on my boxes:

1_Washington_Pen_Graphic_003_-_Final_02_-_sm.jpg

I was curious to see if I could find Washington's diary online. I did. In fact, not only is a there a transcription, they even have it in the form of pictures of each page from the actual diary. I checked April 2nd 1788. Sure enough there it is, at the bottom of the page:

1_Actual_Entry_in_Washington_Diary.jpg

Here's a close up of it:

1_Actual_Entry_in_Washington_Diary_-_close_up.jpg

It might be nice to include a print out of the page from that website with our CoA.

Last edited:

PR_Princess

Eric, now that is a beautiful wood pen!! Your work is always stunning, but you really have outdone yourself this time. I am sure that your recipient will be thrilled!! Heck, I can't wait until December!

Top Bottom