Just another blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry." -Robert Burns

With apologies to John Steinbeck I call this posting : Of Mice and <s>Men</s> Pen . My plan to convert the Eagleised blank into a fine writing instrument didn't go awry and actually went quite well.

This unique WAVE blank was provided by Eagle and I've held it with me for far too long until now(I was scared to use it). Finally found some courage and nerve to finally get around and put the blank into practice. To say that I was intimidated to "turn" the piece is an understatement. It takes a lot of time and talent to put the blank together and I certainly did not want to screw it up. I must have of turned this blank in my "mind" a hundred times to envision what I must carefully do in order "nail" it. Eagle provided plenty of advice and encouragement. He just told me to do it and don't be afraid. "You can always get another one". And so, with my fear and insecurity behind me, this is what I came out with.

I look forward to your critique as to whether it meets your approval :D, your scorn [B)], or indifference [:eek:)] Fire away, for my IAP windows and doors remain "unlocked" to those that wish to "play" here.;)
2008322212149_P1010011-1.jpg

2008322212056_P1010001.jpg

2008322212115_P1010005.jpg

2008322212132_P1010011.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrylm

fantastic job Peter! You took Eagle's work and nailed it!
I really like that little display stand you have too.

igran7

You did an outstanding job Peter, but why did you decide to leave out the contrasting center portion and end portions of the blank. I think had you included these parts of the blank you would have had a truly spectacular pen!

OKLAHOMAN

Peter,you did a awesome job with an awesome blank,you are now an official member of the Eagle pen turning club.

Joe the end and center portion are scraps Eagle uses to line everything up with and are meant to be discarded so the wave will line up no matter where you start the threads when posting and closing, quite an accomplishment when you think of it.
Originally posted by igran7

You did an outstanding job Peter, but why did you decide to leave out the contrasting center portion and end portions of the blank. I think had you included these parts of the blank you would have had a truly spectacular pen!

IPD_Mrs

Peter be very careful. Once you take the Eagle plunge you will want to do more and more. I like that wave pattern with the black Ti, it dresses it up nicely. Well done![^]

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

Peter,you did a awesome job with an awesome blank,you are now an official member of the Eagle pen turning club.

Now if someone would pour Ed a glass of liquid courage, maybe we could get him hooked!

Mike

VisExp

Peter, you did a great job turning and finishing Eagle's blank. The photography is great as well!

One of the many things I like about Eagle's blanks is how well he combines various woods. They just look like they belong together.

Top Bottom