just aint meant to be

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sparhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparhawk

I bought a blank from woodcraft the other day and was really liking this blank. Went to drill it and the blank split on me at the end.Put some ca in the crack put it n the vise, then when dry glued the tube in.WEnt to turn it and found out the bushings were for a berea 'b' mandreland i have an 'a'. This started many posts but in the meantime a 'b' mabdrel was on its way from A.S. Got it yesterday(2 day delivery,cant beat that.)When i got home from work this morning(night shift this week.) I started getting everything together. Turned the pen to a round top euoropean fountain point,(my first f.p., all giddy at that point.)LOved the lok of the blanks and thought I would put the clip over the little spot where the blank was showing the original crack.(Very minor line) When i went to press the pen together i heard a craaack! Yep, the original crack when i drilled it split wide open when i pressed the finial end in. Gueess this pen wasn.t meant to be. :( will take the pen apart and start on a new blank tommorrow. (p.s. I hate Murphy.)

200791541257_fp1.jpg

200791541329_fp2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Sorry to see that Uncle Murphy was 'visiting' you in the shop. If you go get another blank, leave the broken on on the table well away from where you are working. Be sure to talk about how you can fix it and maybe Uncle Murphy will go and screw around with it while you work with the newer blank. I do this quite often and it works for me. [:)] Oh, yea... leaving a cold one at the broken blank often assists him in staying there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom