Jury is still out on this design.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

A spin off of the spider but I was looking more for a baloon or parachute look. Instead of 8 segments per ring I'll step down to 4 and that should work. Counting the pieces of veneer, there are 192 pieces of wood in there[:p]
HappyPencSmall.jpg

HappyPeneSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Interesting design Jim. My wife said it looks kind of like a harlequin clown, and I thought of a merry-go-round. The layering of the curved pieces is pretty cool - I think the only comment I would have is that, given the curves at some of the transitions, I don't like the hard transition in other places. I think the "hard" transition just looks out of place.

Regardless, the craftsmanship in the laminations is impressive.

Now, if you get that perfected to look like a hot air balloon, Mike and I will purchase some blanks from you!! Our first show was a hot air festival and we did fairly well fo ra first show, particularly since the balloons were canceled the second day due to weather. Bad weather that is!!!

Looks great to me....let us know if you are interested one day! We've got until April of next year........... :eek:)

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Interesting design Jim. My wife said it looks kind of like a harlequin clown, and I thought of a merry-go-round. The layering of the curved pieces is pretty cool - I think the only comment I would have is that, given the curves at some of the transitions, I don't like the hard transition in other places. I think the "hard" transition just looks out of place.

Regardless, the craftsmanship in the laminations is impressive.
Tell your wife I was just "clowning around" when I made this one[:D] It did take 6 regular pen blanks to make. I thought about the transition you speak of as I twisted the 3 layers in the final glue up.

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by TheHoneymooners
<br />Now, if you get that perfected to look like a hot air balloon, Mike and I will purchase some blanks from you!! Our first show was a hot air festival and we did fairly well fo ra first show, particularly since the balloons were canceled the second day due to weather. Bad weather that is!!!

Looks great to me....let us know if you are interested one day! We've got until April of next year........... :eek:)

Hmmmm![:D]

wayneis

I think that if you could find a way to have the curved slices line up better you would really be on to something. Interesting design. By the way, what is the yellow wood?

Wayne

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />I think that if you could find a way to have the curved slices line up better you would really be on to something. Interesting design. By the way, what is the yellow wood?

Wayne

BigRob777's red heart and yellow heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom