Junior Pen Scroller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

See...anyone can do it! She's almost 8. Scrolled it, glued it, PRPrincess poured it, then she painted her tubes, glue it, spun it and finished it. Yea...there's some bleading, the fit isn't perfect and the finish is not so good, but what do you do, she was in a hurry. Can't really pry it from her hands for a better photo. It's supposed to be a snake, a fish and water waves. She calls her pen "The little fish"

snakey003.jpg

snakey007.jpg

snakey008.jpg

snakey009.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Very cool. I hope my first attempt and scrolling will go that well. And I have about 30 years on her.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yea...there's some bleading, the fit isn't perfect and the finish is not so good, ......

Are you on drugs or something old man!!!!!:mad::wink:

I've seen a LOT worse in SOYP !!!!!!! Heck, we even had one guy that tried to impress us with a Sponge!!!:eek:

Tell her that this grumpy old rat thinks she did a smashing job!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

jttheclockman

This is not fair. I haven't even tried that and now I am really going to have to make the effort. Very well done and she has a future, look out. :)

bitshird

That's it............

I quit........

a cute 8 year old just put me to shame with her first pen

Me to, I feel bad getting shown up by 30 year old kids, but when an 8 year old does it I really feel ashamed of my junk work.:rolleyes::crying:

Jeff you and she should both be very proud, tell her an old grumpy man said she did a very nice job, and she should be very proud of her Little Fish !

jimofsanston

Fantastic

:RockOn:That pen is beautiful. tell her to be carefull with the long sleves while she is turning. Learned that one the hard way.:tongue::rolleyes:

markgum

excellant work. I agree with Roy, I shoudl quit.
I think she needs to get on the Woodturner's Speaking circuit.

Last edited:

TBone

Bad enough you guys show me up, but an 8 year old? DANG! Now I have to hope get as good as she is.

Congrats Grandpa on having fun and congrats to the little lady for making a great pen.

ldb2000

Ya better watch it Jeff . While your busy watching Sponge Bob and eating candy she's gonna take over the lathe and put you to shame . Awesome first pen and a cute kid .

USAFVET98

Ya better watch it Jeff . While your busy watching Sponge Bob and eating candy she's gonna take over the lathe and put you to shame . Awesome first pen and a cute kid .

+1
I think she did a great job as well. The bleeding happens to everyone at times so its hardly a rookie mistake. Second, I dont even know what scrolling is! So she got me there! I thought it was working with a scroll saw.. All around, her creativity, and finished project is what this hobby is all about. Thanks for sharing with us.

Top Bottom