Jungle Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Turned it this A.M. Dawn, Ed at Exotics and my son (Old Reg) put together a basket last Christmas and I was lucky enough to find these beautiful blanks by JohnU among the many goodies. By the way, if you are a pen maker and a surprised recipient of a basket like that, all I can say is that it's an awesome feeling:):):). The feathers are on a 22kt Junior Statesman Rollerball. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Jungle Feathers_2.jpg
    Jungle Feathers_2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Jungle Feathers_1.jpg
    Jungle Feathers_1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Jungle Feathers.jpg
    Jungle Feathers.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

65GTMustang

I LIKE!!!
The feather blanks are awesome!
I have tried making a couple myself - they did not turn out too good.
I use to fly fish and tie all of my own flies so I have the right stuff to do it - well everything except skill....I guess that helps

OKLAHOMAN

Doc, very well executed by both you and John, at the show this weekend I had a customer buy 3 of Johns feather pens that's how good they are.

PenPal

Doc,

I am overwhelmed by the beautiful combinations displayed in this pen. Commencing at the top that same colour is reflected in the feathers, the choice of kit magnificent as well.
The chrome or material creates a fitting envelope to encapsulate so well the whole.

The picture is beaut, execution flawless, design of the pic perfect in detail and display, this
outstanding work is exhibition quality. museum standard.

I am so happy all the basket of presents are evolving into pens and agree this is what it is all about, real satisfaction.

Thank you for showing us this pen.

Kind regards to you. Peter.

omb76

Beautiful work Doc! I had a set of those blanks from John as well and sent pictures of just the blanks when I got them and sold the pen before it was ever made. Congrats to you and John both for a job well done!

JohnU

Beautiful work Doc! Your choice of kit with those feathers really compliment each other. Your finish and photos really complete it. You guys sure make those blanks look good!
As for the gift basket... we're all still envious. :)

wizard

Thank you for all the kind words.:). John, your blanks are truly awesome and works of art.. have a feeling I'm going to be making more:biggrin:. My wife is already eyeballing it...:rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

Katsin

Awesome looking. I wonder how well those appeal to the Audubon Society/bird watchers.

I'm scared to invest in one of those for fear of ruining it.

Grizz

Banned
Absolutely beautiful. Can't think of anything better. Wow.

ulmon

Turned it this A.M. Dawn, Ed at Exotics and my son (Old Reg) put together a basket last Christmas and I was lucky enough to find these beautiful blanks by JohnU among the many goodies. By the way, if you are a pen maker and a surprised recipient of a basket like that, all I can say is that it's an awesome feeling:):):). The feathers are on a 22kt Junior Statesman Rollerball. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

I really love the idea of putting together a basket as gift for someone for Christmas. There are so many varieties available when it comes to pens. I think I once saw some hampers online that included and revolved around beautiful pens and added a variety of different papers of all kinds in different sizes and thicknesses, colors and shapes. letter paper that featured the initials are a good idea to being accompanied with the pen. Maybe that is what I will get my father for Christmas this year. :)

bitshird

Doc, what a lucky find, it must have been a nice basket, for the pen is beautiful, I love the feather blanks and your work is excellent as usual.

Top Bottom