Jumping on the PC bandwagon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoatRider

GoatRider

Here's my second attempt at a Polymer Clay pen. The first one wasn't even worth baking.

I made it just a hair bigger than it needed to be and turned it down with a skew. I used Delta-Ceramcoat gloss varnish, that seemed way easier than CA.

111227_pc_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
ah... if you're set up with a pasta machine and I see the blocks of clay..
check the library for a tutorial on "Indian Blanket" blanks .. I'll bet you
could easily apply that to PC, and get pretty intricate with it too..

GoatRider

Thanks everybody! That means a lot, especially coming from talented PC artists like Toni and KnB.

It just occurred to me that I can adapt quilting patterns to millefiori. My wife makes quilts, and I help her design some of them, so I have a fair amount of designs I can mine for pen ideas. I'm going to start with a log cabin pattern tomorrow. Stay tuned!

GoatRider

ah... if you're set up with a pasta machine and I see the blocks of clay..
check the library for a tutorial on "Indian Blanket" blanks .. I'll bet you
could easily apply that to PC, and get pretty intricate with it too..

I can't find an "Indian Blanket" tutorial, but I did find some pictures of them, it would be fairly straightforward to make a polymer pen like that.

By the way, I do have a pasta machine, I can't imagine doing these without it, even if just for conditioning the clay. Nice thing is, this is something I can do in front of the TV. I can't run my lathe with music or the TV going, I have to hear the sound of the chisel.

woodgraver

Very, very cool...I think it is amazing how everyone is willing to learn so many different aspects of making pens...the synergy of the group is truly inspiring.

navycop

Very Cool. Guess I am going to have to get my clay out of storage and try to catch up to you. I bought a bunch on sell from Michael's haven't touched it yet.

GoatRider

Can't stop! I made a speckle pattern with ochre, terra cotta, and brown, and realized it looked a lot like fall camo. So I made a woodland camo version. I had lots of the log cabin cane left so I tried one with it square instead of diagonal. I learned I need to clean up my plexiglass before doing the final roll!

120101_pc_456.jpg

Top Bottom