Shellac and Renaissance wax finish.

PC246172.JPG

PC246175.JPG

PC246173.JPG

PC246176.JPG

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's a beautiful pen, Thomas. I really like that kit and it really looks good with that piece of wood. Where did you get your wood for that blank?

Isn't the Judas Tree also known as Red Bud? We used to have one in our back yard - sure is pretty when it blooms. Unfortunately, I planted it in an area that holds excess water after a heavy rain and it died after we went through a 2-year period of abnormal rainfall & I just haven't gotten around to planting another one.

tjd

That's a beautiful pen, Thomas. I really like that kit and it really looks good with that piece of wood. Where did you get your wood for that blank?

Isn't the Judas Tree also known as Red Bud? We used to have one in our back yard - sure is pretty when it blooms. Unfortunately, I planted it in an area that holds excess water after a heavy rain and it died after we went through a 2-year period of abnormal rainfall & I just haven't gotten around to planting another one.

Cercis Siliquastrum is the latin name. Comes from South Europe and Asia, it is a protected species in Israel. I don't know what species its linked to ?
I got it off eBay , i was lucky and the only bidder. Very rarely comes up for sale on the market.

Top Bottom