Jr. Stsmn. V2, Reg & Extended

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here's a couple out of the shop this weekend.
A regular size Jr. Statesmen roller in Stripped Ebony &
a Strecthed out Jr. Statesmen FP in BOW

Also squeezed in some new pencils. I like the original
version better, the single piece body, but I like the
threaded end for the nib in this one. BOW & Desert Ironwood

Thanks for looking [8D]

200572524421_Jr_sts_v2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Very nice, like the looks of those pencils. Where did you get the kits? I haven't seen that style but I also haven't been looking very hard. [;)] I would like to make some of those as a gift.

PenWorks

Ray, here is the link to the pencils. The ones shown, are the delux
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=woodworkers-pencil

Gary Max

They all look great Anthony---I like the pencils so much that I carry one in my pocket now. Oh the first time I dropped one ---broke the lead in half.

WoodChucker

Anthony, nice looking bunch of pens and pencils! I don't see you do many of the Statesman pens in the gold,looks great!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nice... I especially like the stretch Jr Statesman ...
I would expect that it adds to the balance of that pen in the hand since the cap does not post...
Did you add a piece of tubing to do that or just glue the end cap into the wood...

Great looking pens Anthony. Those are beautiful woods and go well with the kits. I like the Jr Statesmen stretch, had to re-read the description because I was wondering what oyu did to make the RB work since it is dependent on the spring in the post. Then I realized it was a FP. Don't know what reflection is in te clip but it sure makes a plain clip very classy, now if some of our folks would just figure out how to make those type of clips, especially for the states, & jr states [:D]

PenWorks

Tom, I cut the tube for the pen body in half, then glue the tubes in eeach end.
Your right about the balance. Having bigger hands, I allways like my pen resting
on my hand, I find the original a tad short for me.

Pastor Bill, you can still use the strecth version as a roller ball, just have to
throw in an extra spring or two depending on how lond you make the body.

Thanks for the comments.

mick

WOW Anthony! As usual they are fantastic looking pens. The longer JR looks great! I've gotta do some of the pencils soon.

PenWorks

That's one way to clear the air ! Touche' Alice. [:)]

Easy to make, just don't like the way the top trim piece looks after it is assembled.
It looks unfinished. Shorter than the original version, which some may like.

rtjw

I have been looking at this post for a while and finally got time to reply. They are absolutely wonderful. The Jr. Statesmen are fantastic. Great job Anthony.

wayneis

Anthony I really like your long version and am just ging to have to copy it, ha ha. How much longer did you make it? It looks close to an inch maybe? On this I can honestly say Good Job.

If any one is doing the pencils you should replace the lead with the harder version that Craft Supply sells as it is much better for actual use. I did and now actually use my pen that I made for myself, it is much more like writing with a number 2 lead except larger and it stays sharper longer. The lead that comes with the kit is much to soft to use in my opinion, it is more like a drawing lead that you could use to shade a drawing. I noticed that you can also purchase color lead for them for people that like to draw or whatever.

Wayne

wood-of-1kind

Beautiful works as always Anthony. Your photography is wonderful including your backdrops. Any advice that you can share with this humble poor photo clicker. What camera do you use and what resolution?

Tu sei un artisto!!!

-Peter-

PenWorks

Wayne, I vary the length from 1/4 to 1/2 longer than the standard size. I need to get that lead, allways forget to order it.

Grazie Peter, I don't like my camera, but it is an old Sony. I take my pics on the lowest resolution 480 x 640 so I don't have to resize. I use a tripod and a light box. My backgrounds lately are from pen magazines. These pics came out really good for the effort envolved. My son got a new Canon S500, I threw them down on the counter with the magazine, hand held the camera on low res and took the pic. I got to me one of those cameras, what a picture it takes, the lens and auto focus/auto exposure have come along way.

wood-of-1kind

No maestro (Anthony), thank you for sharing some of your trade secrets. Funny that you say that you have an old SONY. Mine is also a SONY MVC-FD85. Will take your advice and shoot at a lower resolution. The thing is, I've been shooting at the highest resolution and have not been getting good results at all.

Ciao for now.[:)]

PenWorks

Peter, one of the reasons I shoot low res, I can get 1500-3000 pics on a 128 meg card. I save the card as a back up. For internet posting, I can't see using all that memory for the little difference I can see and again, I hate to resize. The big key if the focus, his new camera was outstanding. I have been taking most of my pics at f8.0 and a speed of 1/4 sec and that is in the light box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom