Jr Statesmen in Blue Lapis Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from martyb

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyb

All new photos. Upgraded lamps to 6000k color temp, I couldn't find full 6500s. And decided to completely scrap the black blackground. The camera was working too hard to compensate for it.

These look a bit better

tn_HPIM0462.jpg

tn_HPIM0463.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

martyb

Gerry, I use GE 10W compact flourescent bulbs outside a photo tent made of a white bed sheet over PVC pipe. I think at lot of the distortion we are seeing is just the reflection of the sheet on the pen.

And there isn't too much I can customize on my camera. It's a 6.1mp HP Photosmart R717. It's an excellent point and shoot, but isn't the best macro mode camera. I may have to invest in a set of macro lenses for my older Canon A40.

jaywood1207

Originally posted by martyb
<br />Gerry, I use GE 10W compact flourescent bulbs outside a photo tent made of a white bed sheet over PVC pipe. I think at lot of the distortion we are seeing is just the reflection of the sheet on the pen.

And there isn't too much I can customize on my camera. It's a 6.1mp HP Photosmart R717. It's an excellent point and shoot, but isn't the best macro mode camera. I may have to invest in a set of macro lenses for my older Canon A40.

Did you have the flash on? If you did turn it off. If you didn't then I'll go back to my corner.[B)] The pen does look nice but would like to see a better picture.

martyb

Flash is off. ISO speed on auto, 400, 200, 100, tried all settings.
Turned off the lamps and just used room light. No glare, but the color was WAY off then.
I've taken 50+ photos of this thing so far.
I had to stop before I got the insanity giggles trying to get a good shot.[:p]

elody21

The pen looks great! Lapis color has a purple undertone with the blue. Kind-of a cobalt blue. For some reason your camera is picking up the purple. Strange?

gerryr

OK, I think the problem is probably your light source. I use a tent like you use and three 23w CFLs with a color temperature of 6500K. Do you know what the color temperature for this bulb is? My guess is that its around 3500K. Bulbs with the wrong color temperature can really mess up colors, unless you have a custom white balance setting on your camera. I don't think one bulb is enough though because you can't get evenly distributed lighting with just one, even with a tent.

Marty,
Very nice... I like working with the Tru-Stone and Polygem blanks.. not quite as much as wood, but they make great pens... I also like the looks of the Statesmen pen kits.. You did good.[8D]

I took your picture over into my photo program.. it showed a nice dark blue there... problem may be in the transfer from your photo into the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom