Jr. Statesman Twist Pen... sort of

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

I had a customer who really liked my Jr. Statesman pen with the Ivory inlay but she wanted one like it in a twist pen for her boss. I made one, sent it out Next Day Air and she thought it wasn't gonna work because the glue joints in the Ivory were too loose for her boss's likings. The worst part was that I blew up the first blank after I had glued it all up. It blew out during drilling. So it was my second blank. I was up until 12:15 last night (this morning... whatever) finishing the new version of it. It came out much better due to a new design that we had agreed on. So I'll be sending this one out to her.

Pen 1 (made with Redwood & Alternative Ivory):
20051214182251_JrStatesmanTwist.jpg

20051214182340_JrStatesmanTwist2.jpg

Pen 2 (made with Amboyna Burl & Alternative Ivory):
20051214182426_newjrtwist4.jpg

20051214182811_newjrtwist.jpg

This pen is basically two pens put together. It's the Jr. Gentlemen's Twist Pen with the clip and centerband from the Jr. Statesman Pen. It definitely costs more so I had to charge more for it. In the end I think I ended up losing money on this but I'm determined to make the customer happy. On a brighter note, I got another order from my website for 22 pens, totaling $850. They need them all shipped on Friday of this week and I got the order yesterday so I won't be seeing my family much at all today or tomorrow. We'll have a less stressful Christmas financially, though. ;) Feel free to comment on the pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

I don't really care for some of those overbusy glue ups we've seen too many of; but these more tastefully clean looking glue ups are just "plain?" impressive.[8D]

JimGo

Very nice combination of materials and kits Nils! The ivory inlay looks almost paper thin; amazing job with that! Congrats on the huge sale, too!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nils,

If you read this before Friday, "What the heck are you doing on the internet, you AIN'T gonna have time to finish 22 pens in 2 days (iff they are wood)."

Nice order, now completing it will be a challenge!!! GET BUSY!!![:D][:D]

Congrats on the sale Nils

Beautiful Pens

Didn't you turn some pens with antique ivory from piano keys?

The reason I'm asking is I'm getting some next week and plan on trying some Ivory inlays.

nilsatcraft

No word just yet, Fangar. Our Products Development guy has left for a show so he won't be back until next week but I'll check with him again then.

PenWorks

Great job on the pen Nils, came out really nice. To bad you lost money on such a beautifull pen. Nice order , to make up for it [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom