Jr. Statesman Stars & Stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

I finally finished the second stripes barrel for my pen tonight. Jr Statesman with treaded endcap in Rodium/Black Titanium. I used spray Deft for the finish. It doesn't have as high a gloss as I would have liked. My photography still needs work. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

200761942956_DSC00541-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Steve,
Nice work. Isn't that striped barrel a challange??[;)] I messed two stripes upon the one I did a while back and haven't done another since. [B)]
Your pics are really coming along well. Just remember to wipe fingerprints off of the metal before you snap the pic....[:D]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />I'll just admire those S&S pens from the pictures. I'm not going to pay the price for the blank kits.
The price does seem high but all things considered, they are going onto kits costing between $15 and $50. The last time I poured the parts out of a kit bag that cost $20, I asked myself... "Am I nuts or what?" [:)]

What is keeping me away from the stars and stripes kit so far is that it SEEMS as if every other post about the kits relates some sort of a horror story about how they got messed up... by experienced, seasoned turners! I'd sure hate to spend hours and hours gluing the little stars into the blank, several more hours on the stripes only to have the last stripe not fit right and have to trash the whole mess.

My hat's off to those who are having success, the pens do look nice!

Tanner

Very nice job Steve!! Your photo looks awesome too. Is that black base the one that comes with photo tent? That reflection looks nice.

mick

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />
<br />I'll just admire those S&S pens from the pictures. I'm not going to pay the price for the blank kits.
The price does seem high but all things considered, they are going onto kits costing between $15 and $50. The last time I poured the parts out of a kit bag that cost $20, I asked myself... "Am I nuts or what?" [:)]

What is keeping me away from the stars and stripes kit so far is that it SEEMS as if every other post about the kits relates some sort of a horror story about how they got messed up... by experienced, seasoned turners! I'd sure hate to spend hours and hours gluing the little stars into the blank, several more hours on the stripes only to have the last stripe not fit right and have to trash the whole mess.

My hat's off to those who are having success, the pens do look nice!
If you follow Ken's instructions..to the letter you'll have no problem with the Stars n Stripes kits.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ditto what Mike says.

I'm a guy, I NEVER read instructions.

In this case,

<center>MAKE AN EXCEPTION!!!!</center>

Stevej72

Hey, thanks to all for your commments.

I've wanted one ever since I first started turning and have been saving for it, else my wife never would have let me order it.

I messed up 2 stripes on the first stripe barrel, too. I did read and follow the instructions, (which is odd for me) but didn't get a couple stripes seated all the way. The second stripe barrel went great. The star barrel went together nicely.

The background is a black glass from the front of an oven door that a friend of mine had kept for photographic purposes.

GBusardo

Ditto. I would be very upset if I blew one of those blanks up. I love the Cross pens too, but feel the same way. BTW Great Job [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom