Jr Statesman Fleur de Cav

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I got this Fleur De Cav Sierra blank from Charlie ( thanks Buddy:biggrin: ) and 'modded' it slightly to fit a Jr Statesman. I was going to attempt to paint the highlights gold, but LOML said there was enough contrast between the greens and to leave it alone in case I messed it up. :rolleyes: ( she has no faith in me!!!:redface:)

Green and black is one of my favourite colour combos and although this is pretty subtle, I like it.
Simply built up with CA to suit the Jr kit.

Attachments

• FleurDeCav1.jpg
    FleurDeCav1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 249
  • FleurDeCav2.jpg
    FleurDeCav2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Gorgeous pen! Love the duo combination of black and green. Looks very elegant. Great finish! Great job! Doc

seamus7227

Wow steve, I have to agree with you, although i never would have thought that green and black would look that good together! Nice job, so how many coats did it end up taking to build that bad boy up to the components?

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Wow .. she was right. It's subtle, but noted. I'm surprised the black and green
do so well together, it doesn't sound like it would look good half and half, but
it does. Nice work!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Well, you won me over. I didn't like it the first two times I viewed it, but this time out I've decided that the color combination and the two different barrels are very attractive. Well done, as usual, Steven!

PenPal

Steven,

Trust the missus fly with the proverbial and back your judgement with regard to your Fleur De Cav fits like that essential black women crave in their wardrobe, in daring to be different the subdued Fleur is backed up by the deep Black.

In a few days we the love of my life celebrate 55 yrs of knowing by marriage and 58 yrs best friends.

Viva La Difference mate.
Regards Peter.

Bree

Great craftsmanship. The green blank is outstanding. While I am not a big fan of contrasting tops and bottoms, the old adage that anything goes with black sure is true here. Great job!
:wink::wink::wink:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I like the green. I like the black. I like the colors green and black together. But.......I can't say I like the two different color barrels on the same pen together. Maybe (probably) I am not sophisticated enough. I have seen a couple top/bottom combos I like but as a general rule it just doesn't work for me.

Top Bottom